Monday 8 June 2015

Weekend

My last post I mentioned how I was going to try a new recipe; some green beans, portobello mushrooms, green onions, feta with balsamic vinegar. I did make it, we had peppered steaks and potato salad along with it, and it was delicious!
I will make this again, we both really liked it. I had a lot of potatoes on hand from my market shopping, so I thought it was a good opportunity to make a potato salad. This past weekend I didn't do a whole lot in the kitchen but I did make a banana bread since I had some old bananas on hand, and I prepared salads for my lunch for today and tomorrow. I also made a jambalaya on Saturday with some spicy saussage, green pepper, red onion, stewed tomatoes and some rice.

Also a few posts back I mentioned how I went to a baby shower, well yesterday morning my cousin had her baby girl. I really can't wait to see her!  Other then that, it was a quiet weekend at home, other then Friday night, which we went to play baseball, then met up with most of our team after to sit outside and enjoy a live band, but we also did do some dancing.

This week so far they are announcing a lot of rain. This morning I couldn't bike to work because it was raining to much. I hope it changes and we get some sunny weather, but so far this morning, it's a gloomy day. Next weekend we will be celebrating my hubby's birthday, not quite sure of the plans yet, but hopefully I have time to get into the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment