Saturday 20 June 2015

Strawberry season is here!!

I'm so very happy that strawberries are out!!  I got two baskets today and they are absolutely delicious!!!
They are beautifully red and they are very juicy. Not quite sure what I will do with them yet, but we might end up eating them just like that for this batch, which we already have eaten a few so far. You can do so much with strawberries. You can create your own jam, make a compote to poor over ice cream, yogurt, pancakes and so much more. You can make a pie or a crumble, add them to any sort of dessert, or even to some oatmeal. There's lots of options, and they really are good!

Last weekend I did end up making the American as apple pie muffins as well as chocolate pixie cookies from the chocolate covered Katie cookbook. They both turned out really good.







It is father's day tomorrow so tonight my hubby and I are going with my dad and brother to Yuk Yuk's, which is a comedy club right downtown. Should be a lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to it. Tomorrow my brother and I are taking our dad out for brunch, and I already have a card and gift for him. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and to all the dads out there, have a wonderful Father's day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment