Tuesday 2 June 2015

Markets and Zumba

Before the weekend even started, I went for a walk with 2 friends to check out a new trail I found near work. This trail was so beautiful!
The weather was perfect, so I really didn't want to go back to work. After work I spent more time outside, I played baseball and we unfortunately didn't win.

Saturday morning a friend of mine came over and we went out for breakfast, then went to check out a market in Manotick.
They had a lot of asparagus available, so I of course had to by a bunch, but other then that, they mostly had flowers and plants that they started so you can have your own garden. Inside they were selling a variety of things, as well as jams, sauces and maple syrup. They even had frozen pies, from a variety of meat/vegetables, and fruit pies. The only other thing I bought was maple syrup. As per their sign above, they will have more things available starting next month, which we plan to go there again.
My friend hasn't been to the market in Masson (Quebec), so we decided to take a drive up there. We were able to get a lot of vegetables and fruits. I bought some cucumbers, stawberries, blueberries, radishes, green beans, potatoes and peppers. We then stopped downtown for some lunch, she has never been to Mamma Grazzie's, which they make their own bread and pasta. She really liked it and wants to go there again. We then went to a cafe and got dessert. Not long after I got home, I stepped back out to get a few more things I needed at the grocery store. I want to try out a new recipe, it's a green bean with portobello mushrooms, green onion, feta and with some balsamic vinegar. You roast the vegetables on the BBQ or in the oven, and then add the cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, it looks delicious so I'm looking forward to trying it.

Sunday I went with a friend to a Zumba party. They were collecting donations for diabetes, and it was a 2 hour class. I had a lot of fun, but only lasted about an hour and 45 minutes, I just couldn't dance anymore, I was low on energy. They had pizza, vegetables, and fruit to snack on, so I went for the vegetables and some oranges. It was getting close to supper time so I didn't want to eat to much, and thought I would keep it healthy to.
It was a very good turn out, and they had prizes as well. For supper I cooked up London broil with sweet potatoes and we also had a salad. I thought my legs would be sore because he had us doing many forms of squats, but it was my back that was really sore. Just not use to twisting so much so my back got a good workout. The only other thing I did over the weekend is make two batches of cookies. I went for something simple and quick since the weekend was busy but I did also take time to relax.  Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment