Monday 4 May 2020

Chocolate Chip cookies!!

Before I did groceries last week I needed some ideas on what I can make, and decided to take out a cookbook that I haven't looked at in a while
I was able to find 3 recipes I wanted to try out. The first that we had was the salmon cakes
I used fresh salmon, I baked it in the oven for about 20 minutes and let it cool a bit and then flaked it all in a bowl and added the rest of the ingredients. These turned out really good! I made some aioli using the spice from Epicure. Her recipe did include aioli but I decided to use Epicure since we both really love it. We had this with a salad.

Second recipe I made was these Best ever chocolate chip cookies that you can find on her website that I have linked.
These turned out really good! We both love them. This is what's remaining from the few we have already eaten, which this made 18 cookies. I'm thinking I'll be making more soon. They are healthy and a great treat.

The third recipe I haven't made yet. I want to try the scallops with this orange glaze to it. The picture she shows in her book looks delicious and again healthy ingredients which I love.

I'll have to get groceries again later on this week, and I plan to check out what other new recipes I can try out. We had a lazy weekend, but we did take advantage of the beautiful weather and fired up our BBQ. We had burgers, mine being a veggie patty. I tried this new one with healthy ingredients and it was ok. Today I did hit my basement gym and did some running on the treadmill along with some walking on inclines as well.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment