Sunday 26 April 2020

Frozen treats

I have been looking mostly online lately for some ideas on meals and treats, and came upon these chocolate chip fudgesicles from Joyous Health
These turned out so good!! They were easy to make, and you can find the recipe here.

I still had a little left that didn't fit in my molds so I put it in a small mason jar to use for something else, and then came the idea to make Nice cream. I got a cookbook as a gift so I looked up how it's made and used one recipe but instead of the peanut butter I added the remaining fudgesicle mix I had in the fridge along with frozen banana. All I had to do was add it to a food processor and scrap the sides once in a while and it turned into this soft ice cream texture
It was delicious!! Pretty close to ice cream, but I think even better since it won't cause me tummy issues. I used the last of my frozen bananas but I have a few ready on my counter to take the peel off, and I cut them up into chunks and freeze them. I put them in separated so they don't stick together.

I do have an ice cream maker, and love using a can of coconut milk as the base for the ice cream. Coconut milk is the perfect creaminess to make really good ice cream without the dairy.

It was my birthday and I talked about what I was going to make, and here's the 2 portion lasagna and mug brownie I made










It was a delicious birthday supper! I had enough to make 2 of the lasagna, so the other is in my freezer to enjoy another time. I also have a mason jar of the remaining tomato sauce I made. I had the sauce cooking for a few hours, and it turned out really good. The brownie was so simple to make and it was delicious! I got the recipe from Chocolate covered Katie. I have one of her cookbooks and she really does make great food. You can find the recipe here.

For the cocoa powder, I used cacao, as it's healthier, and for the dutch cocoa I just added more dark chocolate chips. It was really good!! For sure a recipe I will keep on hand when I'm having a craving for a brownie.

I'm also still working out, and since the day after my birthday, I have been meat free, but I am eating seafood here and there. Today I plan to look up more recipes to see what else I should make for this coming week. Tonight's supper will be a fried rice, I will cook up some brown rice, and in a pan I will saute a bunch of veggies, I have peppers, onions, scallions, carrots and mushrooms that I think will go well, and I'll scramble in some eggs, and add in some shrimp. I'll use some tamari sauce as it's gluten free, some sesame oil, a little rice vinegar, and grated ginger. I want to add a bit of hot sauce as well to add a bit of kick.

I have also been catching up on some of my cooking shows to try to get ideas on what to make, which gave me the idea of the fried rice. The Pioneer Woman had a great episode with her daughters and nephew doing the video for her since we are in isolation. It was funny and really good, they did a great job. I am also still enjoying watching Rachael Ray at home as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment