Wednesday 15 April 2020

Cookies and muffins

Since we are still in isolation, I thought what better time then to do my endometriosis diet to get back on track. I have been eating a bit to much meat and some cheese lately which has caused me some pain. I see a lot of posts online stating how many tend to eat more during this time but my eating hasn't really changed. I get up a bit later so I don't tend to need a snack in the morning, I have lunch, and I'm good till supper. I'm guilty of snacking at times at night but I'm working on trying not to.

In order to help get started on my endo diet, I of course did groceries to get what I needed, and got into the kitchen to make these
On the left it's coconut banana muffins. The ingredients are simple, The base is a mashed banana, some coconut flour, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and a lot of eggs. The topping is a little coconut flour, some coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and walnuts. On the right it's almond rice cookies. It's brown rice puff cereal (ingredient is only brown rice), with almond butter, honey (I once tried maple syrup and that didn't work, to liquid), some cinnamon and sliced almonds.

When I did my endo diet years ago, I never ate any coconut banana muffins but it's all ingredients I can have. I won't eat to many of them since hubby loves them a lot, so I'll enjoy more of the cookies, which I use to eat a lot during the diet. So what does the endo diet look like, it's sugar free  (except natural sugar like honey, maple syrup and fruit), gluten free, meat free except seafood, and diary free. I felt so great after about a week or so on the diet. Another bonus was that I lost some weight, 2 dress sizes which was nice. I could use some weight loss, but it's more about feeling and being healthy, including avoiding pain.

I am still working out, I ran 4 km on the treadmill yesterday, and did some lower body exercises. Today will be walking and upper body and core exercises.

My birthday is coming up this weekend, so it will be a treat day and I'll get back on track. Saturday for supper I'm thinking the sweet potato pad thai. Although it's vegetarian and healthy, it's absolutely delicious and feels like a treat. Sunday is my actual treat day, starting with sausage mcmuffins, and unsure about lunch yet, I may go healthy with a salad since supper will be my absolute favorite thing to have, lasagna. I'm making a 2 portion lasagna so there's no left overs. Dessert will be a single serving brownie, so I'll make 2 so we have one each and again no left over so I can get back on track on Monday. I will of course enjoy some wine as well on Sunday.

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment