Monday 6 April 2020

Avo toast and smoothie bowl

I have been keeping busy in the kitchen, and I am still working out as well. This morning I had to try a recipe I saw yesterday on Facebook from the kitchen twins
This smoothie bowl is absolutely delicious! It's like having dessert for breakfast! 

The base is 2 frozen bananas with a scoop of vanilla protein powder and 1/4 cup of almond milk. Blend in a high speed blender. I do have a Vitamix, and I had to use the wand to get it to blend well. Then the fudge sauce on the side is 1 tbsp of cacao powder, 1tbsp of maple syrup and 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter. Next time I'll just blend it all in the Vitamix together but wanted to show the two in the picture. They say to top with peanuts and strawberries, but I don't have peanuts so I did chopped up almonds and I don't have any fresh strawberries, but as you can see the bowl is quite full to add strawberries or any other fruit. My protein powder of choice is a vegan fermented protein powder.

I'm also a huge fan of avo toast, so for lunch last week I made this:
So it's a sourdough bread toasted with avocado spread on it, and topped with cucumber slices and a bit of salt and pepper. On the left of it are these breakfast bites that I saw at the grocery store a few weeks ago













I included the ingredients to show these are pretty healthy. They are tasty, I only ended up eating 1 of them cause the toast, salad and one bite was plenty of food.

I also had to make more sweet potato pad Thai for supper, which we had about a week ago or so.
Again mine has cilantro and his does not as he doesn't like the taste of it, but that's ok, more for me! It was delicious as usual and we kept it vegetarian.

I also made my own hummus last week cause I had bought some and we were almost out and still lots of veggies to eat. It's so easy to make, and it turned out really good

Yesterday's supper was pizza. I used a whole wheat crust, spread some BBQ sauce, sauteed a chopped up onion, red pepper and some mushrooms, added the pizza seasoning from Epicure and for half of the pizza I added left over beer can chicken we cooked on the BBQ on Saturday for his half and kept mine vegetarian. Topped it with goat cheese since we don't do well with cow cheese
This is mine, and it's hard to see the shape of the pizza cause I did load them with veggies lol
It was so good!! I have another crust to make another sometime this week. It's a healthier way for us to have pizza.

Tonight's supper will be fajitas! His will be chicken and mine will be shrimp. I'm still trying to stick to my endo diet as much as possible to avoid pain.

In about an hour or so it will be workout time for me. Hope everyone enjoys their day, even though we are in isolation

No comments:

Post a Comment