Thursday 21 May 2020

Fresh Herbs!

It's finally that time of year! I have my herb garden all set up!


















So this year's herbs are parsley, curly and leafy, some rosemary, thyme, basil, dill, chives, and cilantro. I also decided to get some Kale. I already dove into the dill yesterday, I put some in our salad. I will wait till my Kale gets bigger before I start grabbing some of it.

About a week ago, I decided to make some bruchetta and put it on some Naan bread
It was so good!! I toasted up my whole wheat Naan bread in the oven to get it crispy, and sliced it up and then topped it with the bruchetta I made. It's so simple to make! I used 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped it up, added about 1/4 cup of fresh basil (chopped), 1 clove of garlic (minced), with 2 tbsp of olive oil, but I think 1 tbsp would be enough, and then 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar,with a touch of salt and some pepper. I let it sit for at least an hour and then I added some feta cheese. This photo is missing the balsamic glaze that I drizzled on top.

We have been keeping busy as well, we did some yard work, and vacuumed up the car, and I also went for a nice run, 6 km
Weather here has been so beautiful! Today's workout I did some fast walking on my treadmill with different inclines, and also did some upper body weights. Tomorrow is suppose to be another nice day so I'm thinking another run outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment