Sunday 25 January 2015

Update

Since the new year has started I am back into the gym and been slowly increasing my running. Although it's more of a walk/run, I'm still running and it feels amazing. I have however only been running on a treadmill and it's not as fun as running outside, but weather here has been pretty cold. Plus I don't want to re-injure my knee, and with ice/snow out there, I don't want to take chances, so I'm playing it safe. I started off with a 1 minute walk and a 30 second light jog, repeating for 10 minutes. I have increased my run to 45 seconds, then 1 minute, and this past Thursday, I was still doing 1 minute walk with 1 minute light jog but for 15 minutes. This coming week, I'll try running for 1 minute and a half and see how that goes. I'm also making sure to weight train, and most importantly stretch and use the foam roller to help loosen muscles.

I have yet to sign up for the Ottawa race way weekend, which is every year in May. They have 5 km, 10 km, half and full marathons. I kept debating if I should do it this year, knowing the best one for me right now is only the 5 km, but then my cousin suggested something better. There's the foam fest in July, which looks like so much fun! It's 5 km, with obstacles in between, and she's wanting to do this with me, so I agreed. This way it gives me a few more months to get into better shape and my cousin is currently pregnant, she's due in May, and if she said she will be ready by July for this, I know I can to. So she signed us up as a 2 women team and I'm really excited to do this with her. It will be a great motivator to keep going with exercise and slowly increasing my running. Therefore I'm thinking next year I'll do the Ottawa race.

Another added motivation today, I ended up watching the movie Soul Surfer a while ago. In case you haven't seen it, I won't give to much away, but it is based off a true story and it's about a girl that loves to surf and in a really horrible accident looses her arm and it becomes all about her journey in getting back up. I do love watching it from time to time to remind me that some do have it harder and if they can do it, so can I. I really do recommend watching this movie, it's amazing!

I am in the kitchen every day and I have had meat here and there, but there's been a lot of vegetarian meals. I have a few healthy snacks prepared for the week and lots of vegetables as well. This coming Wednesday, my hubby and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary! It really has gone by so fast! Our plan for the special day is to make our own steak oscar at home. It's a lot cheaper then going out, and it will be nice to have a quiet dinner at home. I'm sure we will have some red wine with our dinner, and with the steak oscar, we will also have potatoes and asparagus. I'm really looking forward to it.

January is quickly coming to an end already. Time seems to be going by faster as the years go.
I do hope everyone had a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment