Sunday 11 January 2015

Another new year

In 2014 I did have some struggles, but also had some really great things throughout the year. For this new year, I again will be working on making more great recipes, getting back into running, and just being as healthy as I can, and of course to have some fun. As I've shared, I have had many losses in my life the past 3 years, and I am still grieving, but I know they would want me to be happy.

Something I have started to do is drinking 2 green smoothies most days. Weekends it doesn't always work out, but I have done well during the week. I have a green smoothie for breakfast, and another for my mid morning snack. I make two different batches so I have different flavors and nutrients in them. I put a mix of greens, like spinach, kale and collard greens, sometimes I add a carrot, cucumber and/or celery, and I add some sweetness with fruit, and usually have either half or a full banana in there. As for superfoods, I go with chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, spirulina powder, wheat grass, ginger, bee pollen, maca powder, goji berries and acai. To add liquid to help blend it all up, I use coconut water and sometimes almond milk. Again, I add a mix of these, not everything together. I always have more greens then fruit, and for the superfoods, I usually add 2-4 different things.

I'm trying to eat more salads, and since it's winter, I love making soup, and I'm trying to eat as vegetarian as I can, to not aggravate my endometriosis. I had injured my knee over the summer, so I've been struggling with running, but I went to physio and it helped a lot. She showed me stretches and using a foam roller to help loosen my leg muscles which has helped decrease my knee pain a lot! I will be slowly building up my running, and so far so good. Not sure what this year will bring, but I'm hoping for a great year. I'll of course be sharing with you guys some of the things I'll be up to this year.

I do still have access to the FMTV website, and I haven't watched any documentaries lately, but I will watch more, to help motivate me, and I'm sure I'll learn so much more.

If anyone would like to know more about something, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment