Sunday 8 February 2015

Health and Happiness

I am often in the kitchen and last weekend I made a banana bread since it's been a while and this weekend my hubby wanted more, so I made another. This week I will try out another new recipe from 100 days of real food, the fish cakes. It sounds delicious and it's been years since I made some fish cakes so I'm looking forward to trying them.

A while ago I saw the documentary Finding Happiness, and it was really good. It was about a community that is all about kindness, meditation, yoga, and just being happy. Nature is all around, just beautiful trees, the sound of birds, and it had me thinking of how I have let go of meditation, and I had joined yoga at work, one class a week during my lunch break, but I didn't sign up again, and I'm kind of regretting that decision. It really did help me a lot. Yoga is very relaxing and I always felt energized and amazing after class. I have been struggling the past few years, especially after the loss of so many wonderful people in my life, and I'm trying to get myself back.

I've been in a bit of a writing rut. Not really sure what else I can share with you, but I'm working on it. Here in Ottawa, we have had a very cold winter, and it's really making me miss the summer. There is a trail near work that I walked along many times, there's a bit of nature, but not to secluded which is good since I walk along there alone. I always feel so relaxed and happy when I walk along there. It's so calming to see the trees, walking along a dirt path, and hearing the birds. I am really missing the outdoors since I have been hibernating for a while now.  I hope soon I will have more fun and informational things to share with you. I also want to be more creative in the kitchen by putting together new and healthy meals/snacks.

This blog is about health in all it's form, but mostly about the things I know about like running, endometriosis, and being in the kitchen. I hope to get out of this rut soon and share more information and recipes with you. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment