Monday 16 February 2015

Valentine's Day

I had a really good weekend, Friday I went to my brother's after work, to spend time with him, my 2 nieces, 3 nephews and my sister in law. I had supper there, and they made something very good, homemade pizza's. For the dough, they used Naan bread, which was a perfect size for an individualized pizza. Never would have thought to use that as the dough, but it works! You can put any toppings you want, they used pizza sauce, pepperoni, lots of vegetables and a little bit of cheese, it was delicious! We had that with some vegetables and dip. I'm for sure going to make some one night, I'm sure my hubby will really enjoy it as well. After supper, I got to watch mickey mouse with my nephew, and then got to play the Wii, then played two different games, one being pointing fingers, the other was mime, and then finished the evening with watching a movie. Saturday morning, my sister in law made amazing pancakes with banana, cinnamon, and some chocolate chips. We also snacked on some fresh blueberries.

For our Valentine's day supper for my hubby and I, I decided to go with my favorites, lasagna, and brownie. Lasagna is another easy recipe, just need lasagna noodles, sauce, which for us it was a tomato sauce, then you can use quite a few different cheeses, we love putting ricotta, and spinach for our lasagna, then using mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. I also love to put lots of vegetables in my lasagna sauce, adding peppers, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Just need to do a few layers of each and then put it in the oven to bake. For the brownie recipe I made the one from Anna Olson's cookbook (Bake to baking).
 
We enjoyed our meal with a glass of red wine. We don't go all out for Valentine's day, we just enjoy a relaxing evening at home with a wonderful home cooked meal. Restaurants tend to be pretty busy, therefore being home is really nice. Especially since the weekend was very cold outside! We've been having around -30 weather out there, this morning it was -36. I'm looking forward to the spring!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment