Monday 18 August 2014

Joy McCarthy (Joyous Health Cookbook)

I'm still excited about my night so decided to post it now. I got to meet Joy McCarthy tonight, the author of Joyous Health. I went with a friend, and had a wonderful night. My friend made this delicious pasta, and we had a yummy apple caramel pie for dessert, then we went to the book signing. I of course got my book signed
She did a wonderful presentation on health. I'm learning that having a healthy gut is really important, and she talked quite a bit about that, and mentioned about the Greens + and Greens Whole body, the difference is Greens + is just vegetables and fruits (powder form), but the whole body is fermented vegetables which helps to have a healthier gut because there are a lot of good bacteria that our gut needs. She talked about drinking water with lemon every morning, which I already do, but she said to make it even healthier, is to add the Green + or whole body, so I did buy the whole body, which I got to try both tonight and they really don't taste bad at all. She also talked about all the bad toxins we take in on a daily basis, like pollution, cleaning products, beauty products, and the wonderful pesticides they put on food, and how it's important to eat healthy and to get as much nutrients as we can. And to eat as organic as possible, especially the dirty dozens. So much great information, and I even had a chance to talk to her for a little while, and I asked about endometriosis, and she suggests a diet free of dairy, sugar, caffeine, and to have a gluten free diet, as all of these cause inflammation. I mentioned meat, and she said that yes that can also cause inflammation. I actually never heard of going gluten free before for endometriosis. I would have loved to talk to her for a lot longer, but there was others that wanted the opportunity.

I also got the opportunity to take a picture with her
She's such a wonderful person, and you can tell that she's healthy. She just has this glow and I hope to get to that point. Now that I have met her, she's truly a person I look up to, and will finish reading her cookbook so I can get all the wonderful information she has shared. She also mentioned that she's working on another book about detoxing, which she mentioned we should detox every day, and one of those things is starting with a glass of water with lemon, and if you can to add Greens + or whole body. As well, she talked about how important it is to take time for ourselves on a daily basis, even if it's just 5 minutes, and yoga and meditations are also great things for us.

Tonight really got me motivated to work harder at being healthy. For a while I wasn't doing so good with everything going on, but working on getting back on track, and so far I'm doing pretty good.

Thank you Joy for a wonderful evening, and very happy you came to Ottawa and that I got to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment