Thursday 7 August 2014

Camping

My hubby and I took 2 weeks off work, and left last week on Monday to go camping in Sudbury. He was able to help out his dad around camp, and I did a lot of reading. I had read the first 2 books of hunger games, so brought the third book with me and was able to read it all. Weather during the week wasn't so nice, it was cold and rainy, but time still went by really fast, and it was nice being out in nature.

Wednesday of last week, I decided to head out for a run, and it was great. Ran 3 km which took me 20 minutes. Not my best time, but not bad considering I haven't been running much lately. What made it even better is jumping into the river once I was done my run, it was a great way to cool down. We had time to play cards, and I even got to feed the chipmunk
I even got him up into my hand a few times. He's so cute! Most nights we would cuddle up around a fire, which this one night, my father in law put in this awesome log, there was a hole in the middle so the fire was coming out of it, it was cool to see
Over the weekend it was finally nice outside, so got to go swimming again, and we went out on the boat and did some fishing. I caught a very tiny pike, so it got thrown back in, and my hubby got three, but only one was a good size to keep. His aunt came along as well, and she caught one, but not big enough to keep. For supper his dad cooked up the one fish, and we had steak and potatoes for supper, it was all delicious!

Before going home, we stopped at his aunt's camp to wish his godson a happy birthday, and we went out on the boat. For the first time I went onto a tube pulled by the boat, it could fit 4, and I was on it for a while. The first group, the tube ended up flipping over, not sure how I landed exactly but my head hit the water hard cause I had quite the headache, and my neck muscles are a bit sore. I had fun though, and would do it again.

Now that we are back home, I am working on catching up on laundry, did groceries since we had no more food left in the house, and been relaxing. It's nice having a few days at home before going back to work. It's going by so fast though and it's sad that it's coming to an end.

Do you love camping? If so, what's your favorite thing to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment