Sunday 17 August 2014

Health

This week has been about health, even some Joyous Health. A friend of mine told me how Joy McCarthy will be in Ottawa this coming week, and I'm going with a friend tomorrow to meet her and I hope to get her to autograph my book. I will let you know about my night.

This week I have been getting back into exercising. During my lunch hour I went to the gym, been running a bit more and feels great to be moving again. Although the last 2 days I haven't done much thanks to twisting my knee while playing baseball but it's gettiing there, and will get to the gym tomorrow.

Since I'm going to the book signing, I thought I would try a few more of her recipes. I made the Goji Berry Glory muffins, and they are awesome. They are loaded with so many things like carrots, coconut, apple, goji berries, and other amazing ingredients, they are a must try!
This morning I made the coconut flour banana panckaes, although instead of banana I put blueberries. My hubby didn't like them so much but I did. The first attempt at cooking them I made it to big and it was hard to flip the pancake over so made a mess with it, but the second round turned out better. It made quite a few pancakes so now I have them in the freezer for a quick healthy breakfast. Next time I make them I will try it with a banana,

I also realized that I haven't taken the time to read her cookbook and so far there's some great information. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night. Will post about it very soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment