Monday 5 August 2019

Spartan!!

So I accomplished a Spartan race!!  Although not really a race, it took my friend and I, 4 hours and 44 seconds to accomplish it. Online they say 13 km but a few people with watches to track, said it was 14 km. Here's a few photos that I was able to get online cause there was no carrying anything on you with getting wet and dirty




















So to the left I'm carrying a 30ish pound bag that I had to walk up and then down a hill. To the right, yup a bit of swimming. It wasn't to far but this is towards the end. And here is the start
Yes that hill you see off in the back, is what we had to climb, then we had to walk back down and repeat a few more times. We were not expecting to walk up and down such a steep hill, so my quads were so sore for a few days!!  Even my feet hurt cause it was just as hard going down cause it was so steep that you had to be careful. At one point we were walking through a trail which had a lot of rocks and tree roots so it was quite the bumpy hike in the woods, which also included a lot of hills. We had many walls to climb up and over and back down, we had to crawl under a barb wire, there were a few monkey bars type set up, and even walls that you have to walk along with either just upper body strength or on very little feet and hand grips. Also a few more heavy objects to carry, one was a container that was awkward to hold, and it was about 35 pounds, again up and down a hill, and the other was a 60 pound cement ball to walk across the grass, drop it, do 5 burpees, then lift it back up and walk it back. If you didn't do an obstacle or couldn't accomplish it you were doing 30 burpees. It was tough!!!  I am so proud of us for accomplishing it though!!!
The medal is amazing! It's heavy and it's got two parts to it. We also got a t-shirt at the end as well
Samantha is the only one that took a selfie of both of us at the start, which I'll have to ask her to send me a copy of that. I do also have some of her photos online since a few of them include both of us in it, but don't want to post those in case she doesn't want them posted on here.

It was a lot of fun, but also very tough! Happy to say that I did accomplish a spartan race! It's a very good challenge, a way to really push yourself, and an insane workout! Would I do another? I think I may but I will need to train harder next time because I was very sore for several days. I also did get a few bruises, and tiny scrapes, mostly on my knees from crawling, and I got a really big bruise under my right arm, and a smaller one under my left, my left elbow was also bruised up, and I have this really big bruise on the right side of my left knee, and another light one on my shin. No big injuries which is a good thing. I will keep working out, which I really do need to keep up with weight training to help me get stronger instead of only doing mostly cardio.

I haven't done to much cooking lately, just the usual, but I do want to try to make more new things, and I am also wanting to plan ahead for lunches, so it's easy for us to grab in the morning instead of spending time in the morning figure out our lunch. A while ago I did make a stir fry with chicken for 2 lunches. I had cooked some quinoa with lentils so I used that for the rice portion, and I cooked up the chicken and veggies in a pan in the oven, and did a teriyaki sauce with it. I do need to get more groceries cause we don't have a whole lot at home. For supper I plan to make pasta with ground turkey, tomato sauce and also add in some pesto for a nice basil flavor to the sauce. I don't even have much veggies right now so I'll add in some carrots, onions, and I think I'll do spinach since I don't have much else on hand.

We went out of town over the long weekend. Left Friday afternoon and came back late last night. Giving us some time today at home to get some things done before starting work again tomorrow.

Will try to post more recipes soon

No comments:

Post a Comment