Sunday 18 August 2019

Desserts!!!

It's been a great long weekend for me. I had Friday off, so I got the chance to clean up the house and I even went shopping for a new computer chair and found one. Ours are falling apart so we needed new chairs. He will be buying his online. I got a chair similar to the one I have at work, it's mesh so it's nice and breathable. What made the weekend even better is a really good friend of mine from high school came to visit along with her daughter. It was a short visit but long enough for us to catch up.

I wish I would have taken a photo of our supper but I cooked an entire chicken on the bbq. The breast bone was removed so it was flat for it take less longer to cook. I also added potatoes on the bbq in foil packets with a bit of butter, onions and the 3 onion seasoning from Epicure. We had a delicious Greek salad with that. The chicken had Jamaican jerk spice on it. Dessert was Joyous Health's double chocolate muffins which you can find the recipe here. The only thing I didn't add was the cranberries, I added a bit more chocolate chips instead.

To help digest our supper we went for a nice hour and a half walk outside. Started off on the side streets, we hit a small trail along the way, and ended up close to where I work and then back down more side streets. It was such a beautiful evening! In the morning I made my mom's famous pancake recipe. It calls for apples but we often added blueberries instead and that's what we went with. I haven't made her recipe in a while and I have missed how good they taste! Not long after they had to leave, to visit another friend and then head home, so I took some time to do things around the house. I also made a potato salad. I cooked my potatoes in the oven with some bacon, I chopped up green onions, radishes and celery to also add in. I mixed it with some grainy dijon mustard, lots of mayo, some pepper, paprika and cumin.

Today I also got busy in the kitchen and been really wanting to share this book that I got for my birthday from my brother and sister in law. It's an amazing book!
So the nice cream I made was with 2 frozen bananas, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, I used all natural, and a tsp of vanilla extract and I added the suggestion as well which was 1 tbsp of dark chocolate chips. Add everything in a food processor and mix. I had to scrap and separate the mound a few times but then it became just like soft ice cream and it was delicious!! They have so many more great recipes in this book and it's a great way to have ice cream without the dairy, which hubby and I don't do so well with. This was a great little treat as an afternoon snack. That's the portion it made so I divided it in two.

I also found this recipe online, through facebook, and it's this flour-less peanut butter and chocolate chip mini muffin and you can find the recipe here. They turned out great
The recipe says it makes 17 mini muffins but I ended up with 22 of them. It was so simple to make and they are good! Took no time at all also.

Now I'm all set in snacks for the week cause we also have some banana bread. Supper tonight will be chicken with some of the potato salad that I made and will saute some veggies.

As always, the weekend goes by to fast. Another thing I did yesterday was do some weight exercises. Felt good to get back into it. I kept it light so I'm not to sore today and I am not which is nice. Now time for me to enjoy the ending the of the day before starting another work week. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment