Sunday 11 August 2019

Obsessed with lunch containers

I did some shopping over the weekend with some friends and we went into this organizing type store. They had all sorts of great things to help keep things more organized, and they had this sale on all sorts of lunch containers. Here's what I bought
The green ones is for salads, so the green part with the three dividers and then the small container in the middle can be frozen to help keep everything cold. So this is for salad. The picture they had was to put salad at the bottom (white container), some more vegetables in the dividers, but I'm thinking you can put nuts, fruit, whatever you want in those, and then your dressing in the white little container.

The blue one, you see white and blue, that's for your yogurt, but I'm thinking more chia pudding. It can be frozen as well to keep the container nice and cold, and the lighter blue in front you can add granola, nuts/seeds, fruit whatever you want to add. This way your granola stays nice and crunchy.

I'm quite excited to use these, just like I was excited when I got my bento boxes. It's a great way to pack up a lunch, and with the lunch bag I got for my birthday from my brother and sister in law, it will all help keep my lunch cold.

After shopping around, my friend and I went to this fancy restaurant near her place. It was really good. We shared the main cause it was to much food, well we got a side of potatoes so we both had a good amount of that, and the rest was divided
The ribs were amazing! They were just fall off the bone, and the veggies were roasted zucchini, pepper and beets. Yum!!  The potatoes were amazing! They had some bacon in there and cheese and double baked. There garlic bread that they also give everyone was absolutely delicious!! We decided to share this lemon, blueberry cheesecake and it was also delicious!!
On the left is roasted marshmallows. Yum!!! In the morning and part of the afternoon I had to do some overtime at work. The nice thing is that I won't feel so stressed on Monday cause it really helped me catch up. So the shopping with friends and delicious supper was a great way to end the day.

Friday night was great to. A friend came over and he and I cooked up a delicious supper. He brought over some really huge steaks, I wish I would have taken a picture of our supper but the marinade he prepared for them (olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper) was perfect! We let them rest in there a while and got baked potatoes ready and on the BBQ to start cooking. He took care of most of the food on the BBQ, and I prepared a side salad for us. Supper was amazing! Ate to much but it was so good!!

Today has been another busy day. Been working on some laundry, and I baked up a banana bread. I also started a new batch of kombucha. It's been a while since I have made some so it was time! I attempted to go through some of my mom's clothes as well, and I did decide what I want to keep and there's a few that don't fit me well but they ended up back were they were. I thought I could do this but it's really, really hard. I will keep trying to, so that I can offer the things I won't be keeping to family but for now I did enough for today. I do want to keep working on de-cluttering and organizing my things and I know I will get there.

Well it's soon time for supper, so I hope everyone is have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment