Friday 24 May 2019

I have my herb garden back!

Today was my Friday off work, and so glad that it was! It was a great day! Hubby took it off as well so we got to sleep in a bit, had breakfast and relaxed and then I decided to tidy up a little and got ready and I headed downtown to meet up with a friend. It was lunch time so we walked over to Mad Radish. It's really healthy there and it's a nice little place. There's not a tone of tables but there's a few and we got lucky with the two remaining seats so we can eat. We got their already prepared salad, it's nice and small so we can then get their chicken shawarma pie which isn't to big either
The drink is a smoothie, mine was almond milk, banana, peanut butter and can't remember if there's anything else but it was really good! It was a good amount of food. She got the same as I did but she had the berry smoothie which she said was really good as well. The salad was with tofu, greens, chickpeas, and a vinaigrette.

We then walked over to the Shaw Center so I can get my race kit. I got a bag with my t-shirt, bib which has the chip attached to it and of course pins so I can pin it to my shirt. I also got a gift card to hello fresh. Since the bag went nicely behind my back and we were next to the canal, we went for a nice hour walk! It was a beautiful day out today! The walk was really great and then I got to pick up my herbs in the market. I also grabbed some carrots and radishes. I would have liked to get more but I already have enough veg in my fridge but next time I do want to buy a lot. I came home, had supper and then was busy putting my herb garden together



The top photo is my chives. In the background is my plant that smells like lemons, then the bottom photo I got basil, thyme, mint, rosemary, dill, parley and cilantro. They aren't to big right now but once they do start growing it's going to be amazing to have them on hand. Really excited and happy to have my herbs again, and I got a good deal, well I think anyway, I got 9 herbs for $20, and it's something that will last me until weather gets cold. My chives look big cause I got two of them. One didn't seem like enough.

Now that I have had a busy and wonderful day, it's time to relax! I do have my race Sunday so rest is important so I'm in top shape for the half marathon. Oh I also had another wonderful bento box lunch this week
So top left is green beans, carrots and cucumber, the last two cucumbers I cut didn't fit so I put them on top of my coleslaw, which is a kale, carrot and broccoli slaw, and the top right is shrimp that I had cooked on the BBQ and then under that, one of the balls I made from my last post and two raw balls. It was a very tasty lunch. It's a pretty simple bento box but was still really good.

My next post will be about my half marathon that I'm doing with a friend in 2 days. I really do hope we reach our goal time of under 2 hours and 30 minutes. Wish us luck and I'll tell you all about it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment