Tuesday 14 May 2019

Running and Endometriosis

This past weekend I wanted to get another long run in, but not quite to long, cause race day is in a little less then 2 weeks so I don't want to tire out my legs for race day
When I did an 18 km run with my friend that I'm doing the race with, we went down this path, and I wasn't sure how safe it would be to go down on my own but when we went I noticed houses and there were a few people going down this path and I even saw one girl on her own so thought I would go on my own and it was great! It leads to Merivale Road so I had to go down the side walk for a bit to reach 5 km and then I turned around. I went once around my street and then called it quits. I wanted to do 14 km but with playing baseball twice last week, and doing a 5 km run my legs were feeling tired so I stopped at 11 km. My time wasn't good at all but I got through the run and I'm proud of that.

This coming weekend I will only run 10 km so that my legs are in top shape for the following weekend. I'm suppose to play baseball tomorrow but with all this rain, not sure if they will cancel the game or not. I will be running 5 km tonight though. Next week I play Wednesday and Thursday for baseball so I'm thinking running 5 km on Monday, and then the two games of baseball and then rest up for race day on Sunday. It's coming quick and I'm excited but also nervous. I hope to get a good time in and hopefully not to sore at the end.

I mentioned a few posts ago that my endometriosis pain is back. Today I went to get an ultrasound done and saw my gynecologist. He said nothing serious going on in there in terms of the ultrasound which is a good thing and rather then going for surgery again, he's suggesting meds first to see if it helps. I have tried a few different things way back when and most of them didn't really help but apparently there's something new for the endo world to help with pain so he wants me to try it out. It's one pill a day to help with pain. It's called Visanne. I of course had to do some research to know more about this and here's what I found:

Visanne is used for the treatment of the painful symptoms of endometrial lesions (displaced tissue of the lining of the womb). Taking one Visanne tablet every day leads to the shrinking of the endometrial tissue and reduces associated complaints such as pelvic pain and painful monthly bleedings.

There's quite the list of side effects but from what I read there's not many people that get any side effects. The most common side effect in people that my doctor told me is spotting which is one thing I don't have to worry about. If you want to read about the side effects, you can check out this site.

I'll give it a try and I'm hoping it will help keep pain away and hopefully no side effects for me. I see my doctor again in a few months to see how things are going. I will be sure to keep you guys in the loop as well.

For the kitchen, I haven't done much this week. Just did another batch of kombucha and that's about it. This coming long weekend I'm thinking to get busy in the kitchen, just haven't decided what I'll make yet. For my birthday I did get a book on nice cream, but it hasn't been warm enough outside yet for me to crave some sort of ice cream. I hope it does get warmer soon so I can give it a try. I know I could still make some even though it's not warm out but not really hungry for any right now. I'll save it for when I really want some. I do have some frozen bananas in my freezer waiting. Hopefully I will have a delicious recipe to share on my next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment