Sunday 2 June 2019

Half Marathon and Veg Fest

My half marathon went really well. We didn't hit our goal time which was under 2 hours and a half but we came close. Here I am at the start of the race
I finished in 2 hours, 36 minutes and 53 seconds. Samantha finished about a minute and a half faster then I did
Very proud of us! It was a beautiful day, and it was tough but we made it!
The medal is really nice! The center (Parliament) does spin. Happy that I have finally done the Ottawa Race! We went to an Italian restaurant after, close by and it was nice to sit and relax. My quads were sore for a few days, so I have been taking it easy this week.

Yesterday I did have a great time with 2 friends at the Veg Fest at the RA center. It wasn't huge but it was a good turn out. I got to try some really good vegan food! I of course bought a few things
The muffins I made today, they are the caramel sticky buns. I am pretty sure I shared the recipe a few posts ago, they are so good! It's with lots of eggs and some coconut flour, coconut oil and maple syrup. The topping has some cinnamon and walnuts. So to the right is Blue pomegranate kombucha and I also bought a beet lemonade one as well. I love the glass jars they came in. On the blue lid is a hazelnut chocolate mousse, to the left of that is a carrot caramel. I haven't tried the caramel yet but looking forward to it. I also fell in love with Le Grand, they make "yogurt", dips and pesto's that are so yummy! I think the yogurt was made with almond milk instead of cow milk. The dips, which I got two of the chive and onion is dairy free as well and so delicious! All natural and healthy ingredients. Apparently they sell them at Costco but not their yogurt yet. I may have to make more trips to Costco with my dad so I can get more cause it is really good! The pesto I got tastes just like eating fresh basil! It's so good!!!! The chimichury is also very tasty! I also bought a chocolate cupcake from another vendor there, which I also bought the caramel from and it was really good. I only had a bite of it, and hubby had the rest. I wanted to get him something from the event since he didn't come. It was a great girls day out though. We went to eat at Lonestar after, then walked around and shopped a bit. Got home in time for supper and relax. I also had the opportunity to donate for animal rescues. I am always happy to help animals.

It's been a nice weekend although today it's rainy and gloomy. I have been relaxing at home and giving me a chance to spend time in the kitchen. I boiled a few eggs as well, and I was going to make some homemade crackers but I noticed I have some healthy ones in my cupboard that are going to expire soon so I will eat those up first. After my race last weekend, my dad and I went by the market, I needed to buy some potatoes and my dad decided to buy some homemade bread. She offered him to buy a second one for only $2 so he did, and he gave me one. I did get the chance to eat some and it's really good bread! Thinking maybe to make an egg salad sandwich with the eggs I boiled and with the fresh bread as well. Will make a good lunch. I do plan on doing bento boxes with the dip and crackers, and of course I'll pack up a muffin and some vegetables. Looking forward to lunches this week. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment