Sunday 3 March 2019

Outside running...finally!

Today I went outside for my run. It was nice enough out there, although I still had to dodge puddles and be careful of the ice/snow. Still felt great to be out there though
So this was my 10 km mark and still had a ways to go to get back home. I ran 12 km in an hour and 28 minutes. Not bad since I had to go around puddles and stuff. My feet still got wet so my runners are now drying on a rack over our heating vent. Felt great to be outside and not on a treadmill for my long run. I do love my treadmill but it's tough to get through a long run. My legs are sore but I feel great to have accomplished a further distance. Still more to go to be ready for the half but I still have some time.

Yesterday we had friends over for supper and I cooked up a nice pot of tomato sauce. I had it in my cast iron pot, and it cooked low and slow all day and it turned out delicious! I cooked up some spaghetti and we had ceasar salad and garlic bread with that. A little later in the evening we had this for dessert
I haven't made it in a long time. It's a raw dessert and from the picture on the left you can see it's with pineapples, which is also delicious but I have made it with blueberries before and it's just as good. The crust is made with cashews, but I did it with half cashews and half almonds, some maple syrup and some vanilla in the food processor. Half for the bottom and the other half for the top. The bottom crust gets patted down. The filling is cashews in my Vitamix, with some maple syrup, coconut oil and water and blend until nice and smooth. Add it to a bowl with some blueberries and mix. Very simple but so delicious! We all really enjoyed dessert, and we played a game that they brought and it was a lot of fun. We played another game after that I got for Christmas and it was also fun.

Didn't get much done today in the kitchen, just cleaned up from the night before, and with my long run I'm feeling quite tired. I'm thinking to take out my other mason jar of the root vegetable soup from my freezer so I have that for my lunch this week, and I do have salad, veggies and dip, and I do have more of the chia pudding and still some of my granola left so I have options for the week. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment