Sunday 24 February 2019

Chia pudding and granola

Yesterday I had more fun in the kitchen. I decided to get a few items ready for breakfast. I started with sauteing some veggies for some muffin "quiches". I added onion, mushroom, zucchini, garlic, and a bunch of watercress greens. For spice I did a touch of salt, some pepper and some turmeric. Once cooled, I added 6 eggs and mixed it all together. I greased my muffin tin with coconut oil and added scoops to each one, which I ended up with 9. I baked it in the over at 350 for about 20 min

Can't wait to try them! The mason jar on the left is chia pudding. I took one can of coconut milk, mixed it with half a cup of sprouted chia seeds, with about 1/4 cup of vegan chocolate protein powder and I added about 3 tbsp of maple syrup and mixed it all together and it's all about letting it sit for a while till the chia seeds do their magic. I tried a bit of it and it was delicious! In the background, it's just my Epicure books.

Today I went back to the kitchen to prepare a few more things. I started with preparing my pork roast. I seared it in a pan with some Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. In my slow cooker, I cut up a small onion and a carrot and added that to the bottom. I pored in a can of beer, and then added some fresh parsley and rosemary. I added the roast in and it's been cooking on low since about 10:30 this morning. I then got busy with preparing my pasta salad with an Asian sauce. The dressing I got from the Pioneer Woman on her site right here. Note that instead of the brown sugar I used honey.

I started off by boiling some water and added in some brown rice pasta shells and cooking that up. My veggies were these: 4 green onion, a zucchini, 3 small peppers (red, orange, yellow), some pea sprouts, and I got a bag of shredded carrot, cabbage and broccoli, so I added a bunch of that in there to.

 Mixed everything in a large bowl and then added it to a bowl to store in the fridge. I then had some quinoa soaking for a few hours in water, so I drained that, added about a half cup or so of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, walnuts and just a little bit of slivered almonds, I didn't have much left of it. I added the quinoa (1 cup), and then added 6 tbsp of coconut oil with 6 tbsp of maple syrup. I mixed it all in a bowl, then on a cookie sheet I added parchment paper and spread everything out and baked it in the oven at 325 for 20 minutes. Half way through I tossed it.
It's now in a mason jar in my fridge. The plan is to have some granola with my chia pudding. So I'm quite set for the week and I'm looking forward to eating it all.

I also did my long run for the week, and did another 10 km run. My time was a little better then last week and I am getting stronger cause it's becoming easier
So I was again watching a run on my tablet, and from what you see on the treadmill my time is an hour, 7 minutes and 18 seconds. The time and distance flash back and forth so decided to show the time this week where last week I showed the 10 km. Soon time to get the rest of supper ready, I will make some mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus with the pork. I am still trying to eat vegetarian, fish and shrimp only as much as possible but I will have a bit of the pork roast today, and get back on track tomorrow. Weekends I tend to be a bit more flexible.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment