Monday 4 February 2019

Back in the kitchen

From my last post I talked about a root veggie tumeric soup that I was going to try out from Joyous Health, and I did make it. It turned out really good!

I had a few lunches and the rest I put in the freezer to enjoy another time. I have 3 mason jars, which I'm thinking to take one out soon. If you want the recipe I linked it on my last post.

I also talked about carrot cake cookies, these were a hit, even hubby loved them!
I will for sure make these again and again! They tasted delicious and the bonus is they are very healthy! So healthy that you can eat them for breakfast. Again thank you to Joyous Health for this amazing recipe!

I had to take a bit of a break from cooking, I went on a trip with my dad and cousin to Punta Cana. It was so great to spend that time with them, and it was also nice to escape the cold weather and snow for a week.
We got to spend some time with our new friend Romeo (dolphin), got to spend time with Pirates and went snorkeling, which we also got to see nurse sharks and sting rays. Anne and I got to enjoy a ride on a boat while getting pampered! We did a lot of swimming, walking and met some great people.

I have been back a while but it's been busy. I'm getting back on track so I'm ready for my half marathon with Samantha. She texted me on her progress and she did amazing time for a 10 km run so that was a push for me to train harder so yesterday I ran 7 km. It was tough towards the end but felt great to get further in my running. First time that I'm doing this long of a distance on a treadmill. I have always found it easier to run outside then on a treadmill, but since I got bronchitis, I can't seem to handle that much cold air, so I am training indoors on a treadmill since it's been quite a cold winter, it's icy and we have so much snow out there!

I figured out a way to make it a bit more interesting. At first I tried watching a show on netflix through my tablet but I still struggled to get far in my run, so I went back to music and I found I did a bit better. I do have a treadmill but it's in my basement which isn't done, so it's not really interesting to look at while running. Yesterday I did a bit of a search for running in the woods and I found this great video of a trail through the woods, so you get to see different trees, even people going by, and different views of fields and stuff so I gave it a try and I did way better with my run. I love looking at nature, it's so peaceful, relaxing and beautiful so I'm going to watching this video or others like it to help me get through my run on the treadmill. When I run at work, they do have tvs and there's others working out so it's a bit more interesting to help keep me running.

Still a long way to go to get to 21.5 km but luckily we have till towards the end of May to be ready.  I'm sure it will come quickly so I'll keep pushing forward to make sure I'm ready. I am really looking forward to warmer weather though so I can run outside again.Today I did weight exercises cause that's also important.

I will get back into the kitchen again to try out new recipes. Today's supper was some salmon, rice and salad. Nothing fancy but it was delicious! Well for my supper I only had the salmon and salad. I'm trying to eat as healthy as I can since that will help with my training to. Don't worry I am still eating healthy carbs but eating them for breakfast and lunch and keeping things lighter for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment