Sunday 15 May 2016

Spring

So glad that we are finally into spring. Most mornings are still cool, but it's so nice to see more of the sun, and have that warmer weather. I've started to run more outside, including during my lunch hour at work
It was a beautiful day, so I had to get outside. So much better to run outside then on a treadmill! I of course have been busy in the kitchen as well. For my birthday my dad got me a new cookbook from the Pioneer Woman, and something I haven't had in a very long time is sloppy Joe's. My mom would make that every once in a while, so I knew I had to make some. They turned out delicious!!  Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture, but it will be something I will make again at some point.

I also saw a recipe on Facebook from Joyous Health and they looked delicious so I made them
They turned out great and you can find the recipe here. I also felt like using my slow cooker, so this morning I got a sort of chicken pot pie in my slow cooker. Instead of a crust though I added potatoes and sweet potatoes and omitting the crust. The recipe I found said to buy a sort of already made puff pastry that you can add on top, but thought with the potatoes it would be just as good. It's only been in a few hours but it's already looking delicious.

I am still going as meat free as I can, but I do still enjoy meat so I have some from time to time. So far the weekend has been really great. Friday night I spent time with my hubby and his friend joined us after a little while at the Heart and Crown, enjoying the beautiful weather on the patio. Yesterday I picked up my dad and we met my brother and nephews at a school to see my oldest nephew dance. He was really good! It's hip hop type music, and it was an amazing concert. My dad came over after, and we had supper and watched a few movies. Today it's been more of a relaxing day at home, getting a few things done, and I plan to also make a banana bread since I have a few black bananas.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment