Sunday 29 May 2016

Homemade Pizza

So far it's been a wonderful weekend. Friday after work I joined my hubby and lots of friends downtown for a pub crawl. Had some good food and a great time with friends. Yesterday morning I made some healthy chocolate zucchini muffins
And for lunch, I made my own pizza, well except the crust. The crust I bought at Farm boy, it was whole wheat, and for my toppings and sauce I went with a roasted red pepper with hot sauce as the sauce for the pizza, and topped it with onion, red pepper and mushrooms, then some shredded chicken with a bit of BBQ sauce, and a bit of double smoked bacon then some goat cheese. We both don't do well with cheese except goat and feta cheese. The pizza turned out so good, and the left overs, which was lunch today as well, was even better!
Then I went over to my dad's, which my brother, nieces and nephews went over as well and we went swimming in the indoor pool my dad has in the building. It was so much fun! Didn't pay attention to time but I know we were in there for a little over an hour. We then went up and helped my dad get the finishing touches done for supper which was a beef roast, potato and macaroni salad and some coleslaw, it was delicious!!  Dessert was an assortment of brownies, caramel and lemon cakes, and then we played some cards. It was a fun afternoon and evening, considering I had no plans until my niece sent me a text Friday night asking what I was up to and wondering if I wanted to join them. Glad she did because it was great seeing them all and it was lots of fun.

Today, I got busy in the kitchen again, I prepared lunches for us for the week, a chicken fried rice for my hubby along with taco salads for us as well. I cooked up some bison and added cumin, chili powder, a bit of cayenne and some turmeric, and topped it with romaine lettuce and cucumbers, and I made some guacamole and we have salsa to top our salads. I will have some garden salad as well for my lunch. For snacks or even breakfast, I made some banana buckwheat bars
I never measure when I make bars, I always start with the building blocks for liquid, 2 eggs, maple syrup (about 2 tbsp), coconut oil (2 tbsp) and I decided to put in a banana, then I mixed that up, then added goji berries, almonds, some buckwheat oats to make it gluten free, and added some coconut flour. Once I got a cake like batter consistency, I added it to a square pan and baked it for 20 minutes at 350. Once cooled I cut them into bars, and there was a few crumbs so got to try it and it is good!

For supper I plan to try a lemon, basil, shrimp risotto, a recipe from the Pioneer Woman, and I'm looking forward to eating it.

My last blog I mentioned how I made a garlic aioli, well during the week I cooked up some potatoes on the BBQ, and then added some skewered shrimp, and we dipped our shrimp in the aioli and it was delicious!!

So another busy but fun weekend. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! And to all the runners out there that did the Ottawa race, congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment