Monday 23 May 2016

Long weekend

I really love long weekends! Gives us so much more time to get things done, have some fun, and also rest up before starting another work week. This weekend I have been busy doing a bit of a spring cleaning. I started off by going through my clothes, then I cleaned up my desk, of course did some house cleaning, and been tidying up around the house. My collection of books is growing even more, and I had some cookbooks on my bookcase, so I moved most of them to the kitchen to add onto my shelf, and it made room for my new novels that I got.

I also of course got busy in the kitchen and made these
The three salads will be for my lunch and here's what I put in them: Quinoa, chickpeas, an orange pepper, some red onion, cherry tomatoes, minced parsley and some feta cheese. For my dressing, I juiced one lemon, minced one garlic, added some olive oil, a small dash of salt and some pepper.

The other container is a garlic aioli, I bought the spice a while back from Epicure and I still haven't made it so I decided to finally give it a try. It was simple to make and I plan to BBQ some shrimp skewers and drizzling the aioli on top once they are done cooking. Looking forward to giving it a try. It's also good on any other meats, fish and even vegetables.

I like spending time at home during a long weekend, it allows me to get more things done, and also relax, like reading my book and watching some movies.

I hope you are all having a wonderful long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment