Friday 3 January 2014

Introduction

My name is Nicole and my journey started when I found out I have endometriosis. Once my boyfriend and I moved to Ottawa to go to school and have more job opportunities, I was often tired, and started to get pain in the abdominal area, so we went and found one amazing doctor. He found out I was anemic, and he sent me to see a gynecologist and that's when I found out I have endometriosis. I did lots of research and read a few books, which began my journey of healthier eating, and exercise. In 2013 I lost my mom to cancer (colerectal, spread to the liver, lungs, and lymph nodes) and I tried my hardest to get her to eat healthier to help her with the fight, but it was a very tough battle for her. During her fight, I started to do more research, and a friend of mine told me about a site and it got me believing even more in "we are what we eat", which I will tell you more about the wellness warrior in another post.

This blog will be about endometriosis, running, exercise, nutrition, and all sorts of things that have to do about wellness. I do love to read, and love spending time in the kitchen, which I will post some recipes. I haven't gone running in a while, but plan to start again, so I can run my second half marathon this year.

I will be taking some time to set this up the way I like it, but stay tuned for more posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment