Sunday 26 January 2014

Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

During the holidays, my boyfriend and I went to Sudbury, to spend Christmas with family and friends. A friend of mine also made the trip down, and she got me the cookbook, Cook with Kindness by Chantal Coolen.

I tried out one of her recipes yesterday, which was the Double Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins and they are delicious. They are nice and moist, and it's all with healthy ingredients.

Ingredients:
1 cup sorghum flour (I used spelt flour)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (made my own by blending half an apple in my blender)
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup gluten-free vegan chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips if you prefer)

In a large bowl, combine sorghum flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, ground chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt. In a small bowl, combine zucchini, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well. Fold in the chocolate chunks. Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin tins. Bake at 350F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
There are so many other recipes in this book that I want to try, especially the peanut butter cups showing on the cover of her book. Her book also has wonderful meals, drinks and snacks that I can't wait to try. Chantal Coolen is also Canadian, she grew up in Nova Scotia, and also has her own website, The Kind Cookie



No comments:

Post a Comment