Sunday 26 January 2014

About the Wellness Warrior

When I found out my mom had stage 4 cancer, I started to read/research more about it. I wanted to try to help in any way I could. I re-read the book, The Cure by Timothy Brantley, which I have read many times, but re-read it again, and then a friend of mine told me to do a search on the Wellness Warrior blog, and that opened my eyes even more on how good nutrition is so important.

Jess Ainscough was told she had a very rare form of cancer. It started in her hand, but when they fount it, it had spread through her arm up to her armpit. They wanted to amputate her arm, but instead she took matters in her own hand, and she went to Gerson, were she drank 13 juices (freshly made with organic vegetables) every day, and it's been 10 years and she's doing well. I bought her e-books and read more, and shared that information with my mom. My mom did lose the fight to cancer on June 29, 2013, but I am still researching more information, because cancer is on my dad's side, and my mom got cancer and would love to prevent myself from getting it. As well as wanting to have more energy, and feel a lot healthier. For years I struggled with lack of energy, and was often in pain with Endometriosis, and I'm doing better now, but would be nice to feel even better. Recently I joined in on a online broadcast with Jess, and it was interesting to hear her talk about her story, as well as how nutrition is important, but also that everyone is different. She talked about her mom, how she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She talked how her mom also started the same journey she did with Gerson, but when they took meat away from her diet, she got worse, there were more complications for her mom and unfortunately passed away last year. Some people don't do well with meat, but some do, and others might do better with certain foods when others don't. We are all different, but one thing is for sure is we all need to consume a lot more raw organic vegetables.

So once I read more on the Wellness Warrior, I started to add veggies to my all fruit smoothies, and I have made more changes, and do mostly vegetable smoothies with a fruit or two now. I even cleaned off my juicer that I haven't used in a long time, and made a vegetable drink. At first I found juices/smoothies ok, but now I love them. It has happened where I have done a bad mix and didn't taste good at all, but I have learned, and becoming better on what's good to mix together and what's not so good. For added nutrition, I also add spirulina, which doesn't taste that good, but adding a banana to the mix of veggies tends to help make the spirulina taste better, but I'm getting use to it and starting to love the taste of it. Maca powder is one that I haven't gotten use to the taste of yet, still not liking it so much, but I'm sure my taste buds will change. I also love to add Chia seeds (superfood), and flax seeds, bee pollen, goji berries, and also nuts. To help along all the ingredients in a smoothie, I either use almond milk, but most of the time I use coconut water, and you can always just add water.


Vegetables are very important, especially in their raw form, because cooking them does take away a lot of their nutrients. The best way to consume a lot in a day, is to add them to juices/smoothies. If you get the chance, check out the Wellness Warrior blog, it has a lot of great information.

No comments:

Post a Comment