Saturday 20 May 2023

Garden

Finally that time of year to get my garden set up outside. I am having to keep the cover to my veg pod on cause it's still cool at night, but the herbs made it outside as well and my thyme and mint isn't looking great but it's not in horrible condition so hoping it does better as the weather warms up more. This is what I did last weekend

So at the very back is my carrots, then coming towards the front, it's my green onions, radishes, and to the left in the front is mixed lettuces and to the right is my spinach.

At the very back starting on the left is my parsley and then it's my mint. At the bottom is thyme and rosemary. I gave some mint and thyme to a friend by potting some in cups cause I had a lot of it.


At the top is my jalapeno tree from last year, I brought it in the house over the winter, and it wasn't looking good, it was dying out on me, but now that it's warmer and more sun, it's thankfully coming back to life. At the bottom is two pear trees, my hubby took seeds from a pear, sprouted them and then planted them and they weren't doing well for a while but they seem to be doing better now which is great.

And this is my raspberry plants that I got last year. They stayed outside all winter and happy to see they are coming back to life. They are a little more green now as this was a picture I took last week. I'm glad this is coming back cause I do love raspberries!


Went to a friend's place a few weeks ago and enjoyed this delicious drink she made, it was very yummy! We enjoyed a delicious supper of beer can chicken, potatoes and salad. Dessert was also really good, sponge cake with whip cream a fruit coulis and some fresh fruit. 

Last weekend I made a macaroni salad with veggies, chopped up pickles and this dill dry mix from Sunset Gourmet, it's my new favorite macaroni salad! This morning I made some guacamole, we plan to have nachos for supper tonight, and if there's guacamole left, we will add some to paninis that we can enjoy for lunches. I also made a veggie dip yesterday, and chopped up a bunch of veggies since it's been a while that we have had some.

Glad it's a long weekend, cause 2 day weekends are enough time off, so this will be nice to enjoy 3 days off. Tomorrow we are invited to my dad's girlfriend's for supper, and I hope to be able to shop for some basil and chive plants, I won't put them with my other herbs yet cause they don't do well in cold weather, so I'll wait till the night's are warmer before putting them out there. So in the meantime they will stay in the house where there's a good amount of sun. I would like to get a few flowers as well. Last weekend I also cleaned up my front flower bed, I still need to get my statues out there, but figure I will do that when I go to plant flowers out there.

I also had my cousin that come for a visit, like 3 weeks ago, and we spent some time shopping, which we of course went to Chapters and got some books, and there was some good deals so got some clothes as well, including a new spring jacket. I also showed her this chocolate store near here. I only went in once with my hubby, but I have been wanting to go again and since we were doing a girls night I figured I would bring her there to have chocolate to enjoy while we watch movies


We enjoyed this, and believe it or not, they are a small! It was so good! We got a lot of chocolate, which my hubby and I just ate the last of it last night. It was a good weekend.

I have had a bit of time in my hammock to read which has been so nice! Not as much as I would like but weather will get warmer so I'll get more opportunity. Today is a rainy gloomy day so going to just do a few things around the house and also relax and watch some TV I think.

Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment