Sunday 16 April 2023

Garden

Last post I shared how I am starting from seed this year for my garden, it's turning out pretty good, check out the progress

It's pretty exciting to see how well they are growing. I can't put them outside yet, even though it's so nice outside this past week, but from past experience, we end up with cold or even snow this month, so I always tend to wait until May long weekend to get my garden outside. 

I am very much enjoying the weather this weekend, it's been so nice out!

I finally got to enjoy my hammock, for the first time this year, and have enjoyed every minute of it! I went out yesterday for a while, to take a break between doing some spring cleaning in my kitchen, to then making a very delicious apple pie! When I last got together with my friend and we had a cooking day, we had made pie dough, which is a new recipe that played on Zoe Bakes, on the magnolia channel, which she found the recipe on pinterest, so I'm glad we made that recipe cause it really is easy to handle, and the crust is so delicious!

The pie plate is an amazing birthday gift she got for me, it's from the Pioneer Woman line. It's so pretty, and love how deep it is. My birthday is this coming Wednesday, so it was a nice early birthday present. The other gift she got me is a utensil holder, so in doing my kitchen clean up, I also made room for that, and added large spoons, spatulas and stuff in it. I also got another early gift, from another friend of mine, who I don't see as often as I would like, but thanks to us being in Sudbury at the same time the weekend before for Easter, she gave me

She got me the mug with lid, which helps keep my drink warmer for longer, and the pink drink in the cup is also what she got me, it's from Blume, and it's the beetroot latte, which is very delicious! I tried as is, so a splash of hot water to dilute the powder, with warm almond milk using my frother, it was good but the package does say you can add a splash of maple syrup, so I did that, and it was even better. The toast I have there is a sourdough bread topped with peanut butter and a blueberry jam.

About a week ago or so, I tried a new recipe, that I found on pinterest, and it's pork tenderloin, sliced up, in this mushroom gravy. We both loved it!

We put it on top of mashed potatoes, and a side of roasted carrots. This is a recipe I would for sure make again. Lately I'm more into the vegetarian and seafood meals, so Friday we had skewers, since it was so nice outside, it was the perfect day to have a BBQ. I roasted potatoes in foil on the BBQ, and potatoes I added sliced onions, some of the 3 onion spice from Epicure, some salt and pepper and some butter. Then I cooked up some chicken on a skewer for him, and I had salmon and we both had some shrimp with the aioli dip, with a small salad. It was really good! I didn't take a photo of this meal though. Yesterday we had burgers, which mine was the beyond meat patty. I want to make my own soon though, so it's a healthier vegetarian patty. I made it last year, it's a recipe from Joyous Health and it's really good. Yesterday I also made a soup, which we enjoyed again today for lunch.

This week I'm excited, I only work tomorrow and Tuesday, then I took the rest of the week off to enjoy my birthday. The day of my birthday, Wednesday, my dad and his girlfriend will be coming here for supper, which I plan to make my favorite meal, lasagna. I'll get the tomato sauce cooking first thing in the morning and then in the afternoon I'll build the lasagna. My dad will be bringing cake, and we will celebrate his birthday as well, his is in a week. During my 5 day weekend, I plan to do more spring cleaning/de cluttering/organizing, and hoping for more nice weather so I can get outside on my hammock and read some more. The book I am reading, is the first book of a 5 book series. A friend lent it to me, along with the second book, and loving it so far.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment