Monday 30 January 2023

More soup!

I really love soup in the winter, it's so comforting and delicious. I decided to make like a minestrone soup. The recipe I got was from Joyous Health in one of her cookbooks, but the closest recipe I found online is this one. So the only difference is instead of butternut squash, it was sweet potato, and added in a can of beans, which I chose black beans for ours, and a few leaves of kale with stems removed, and I chopped it up so it wasn't huge leaves in the soup. The recipe also called for chickpea pasta, which I did add in. I didn't put in the zucchini cause he's not a fan, so I omitted that. I did use vegetable stock to keep it vegetarian for me. I unfortunately did not take a photo of the soup, but I have 2 mason jars in my freezer to enjoy another time, and kept some in the fridge which we enjoyed some for lunch today, and I had a bowl over the weekend as well. 

I did also make the banana caramel sticky buns, which I have made before on a previous post, so you can find the recipe here. I don't remember the last time I made them so it's been far too long and so glad I made them again. They are so yummy!

We celebrated our anniversary on Saturday, 28 years that we have been together. Normally I make a more fancy supper at home, but it's been a long time since we have had a date night. We have been to restaurants, but it's been forever since it's just been us two, so I suggested we try a new place close by called Browns socialhouse. I went once with work for lunch and the tiki tuna bowl that I had was so good!!! So I really wanted to go again and since he has never been, we decided to go there. We took our time, started with a drink, which I had a sangria, and then we got an appetizer, their cauliflower bites, which were very tasty with this spicy ranch sauce

After we had those we waited a while, then finally ordered our supper, which we both enjoyed.

He had the fish and chip, which I tried a bite of his fish and it was delicious!! Mine was called the dragon bowl, and I had it with tofu. Very yummy! And as you can see our drinks as well, I went with red wine, and he had a beer. Once we were done our drink and eating, we left not long after and we went to check out a place next door called Chocolats Favoris. We both never been in there, and we did get a few things to try out, some dark chocolate covered almonds, dark chocolate covered blueberries, milk chocolate cashews (cause they didn't have dark chocolate), and this small bar with rice crispy and like a caramel sort of coating on it. We tried a bit of each and all very tasty, and we do still have some left to enjoy. It was a really great date night for our anniversary.

I am a huge fan of bowls, we do tend to sometimes get bowls from Mad Radish, but they also do make very good burritos, so we switch it up. I have made some at home, but not much, and I would like to make more of them, cause I love the variety in there, so yummy! 

Tonight's supper I took out a chicken breast for him, and salmon for me, just not quite sure what I will make yet. I'm tempted to create a bowl, or just a salad, but I'll see what he's in the mood for. This morning I did workout, and got an added workout at lunch by going out to help shovel. He did use our snowblower, but still had to use a shovel a bit. Looking forward to winter coming to an end, I miss seeing the sun a lot more, and having warmer weather.

Hope everyone is having a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment