Wednesday 16 June 2021

Garden and biking

 Since my last blog post, my garden has grown and it's doing really well


I used quite a bit of basil for a pasta I made and there's still a lot there, the very tall one in the back of my veggie garden, that's the jalapeno. I have 2 really good size jalapeno's so far and one that's like a medium size. My bell pepper, I have one that's small but it's growing. Nothing yet with my cucumbers, or tomatoes and I had to trim back my kale and spinach, especially the kale cause it was starting to take over! I only have green blueberries so far, so still some time to go before we can try them. Lettuce is really good as well, which we used some in a BLT, using a huge tomato that we got from my mother in law. The BLT was more tasty cause of the fresh tomato and lettuce that we used.

We are off this week, and we haven't done to much so far, just a few things at home, and had a few appointments to go to, which we did get our first vaccine shot. So today since it was beautiful outside, we decided to go for a bike ride, considering we got our bikes tuned up, so it was time to take them out again. We tried a new trail that he new about but we have never been down, well I went down a small part of it when I did my nighttime run 8 years ago. It was a really nice trail! They even had a few spots to do workouts, like monkey bars. We were gone about an hour, and it was great!














We decided to take this week off cause it was my hubby's birthday and he didn't want to work the week of his birthday. I asked him what he wanted to have for supper and we had this

Chicken nachos! They were so good!! I made the guacamole, and he helped me put it together.

Next thing I want to make is some salmon burgers, and vegetarian patties. I got the burger press from Epicure, and a spice for the salmon burgers so I am going to try it out. Not sure which vegetarian patty I will make yet, but I will be looking at my recipes to decide. It is Father's Day this coming weekend so my dad will be coming over for a BBQ. I'm thinking beer can chicken with some potatoes and a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment