Sunday 20 June 2021

Burgers!

 I got busy in the kitchen yesterday making two different burgers. First one I made was Salmon burgers

These turned out really good! I used the Epicure West Coast Burger seasoning, and used the burger press to form my patties, and they turned out great! It made 6 patties, and I froze a few for another time. I also made some vegetarian patties

This is from the Joyous Health Cookbook. These too, turned out really good! It made 5 patties, although I probably could have had 6 of them, had I not made them quite as thick. I froze 4 of them and had one for lunch. I topped it with some guacamole and left over garden salad that I had, not much, just enough to top it, since I also had some potatoes with that. It was really good!

Burgers are great to eat, and now I have two options, although these patties are great to just have them like that as a healthy protein option with your meal also.

Friday we had my dad and his girlfriend over for a BBQ, to celebrate father's day, and we didn't give him his birthday gift yet, so it was nice seeing them and spending some time together. We cooked up a chicken on the BBQ, my hubby spatchcocked it, and put some BBQ sauce, as well as the chicken and rib rub from Epicure. We also did sliced potatoes and onions in foil and also cooked on the BBQ, with a nice garden salad. It was a delicious supper! Dessert was a platter, of fresh strawberries that I got from the stand near my place, there's a farm close by that grow a lot of strawberries. They are small but very tasty! I also added cherries, and brownie cookies that I got from the Chocolate Cover Katie site. They turned out really good! I also put together my own little dessert with some help from Epicure again. I used their chocolate mud pie mix, all I had to do was boil a can of coconut milk with the powder mix, and then take it off the heat and add yogurt, either non-dairy or regular yogurt, which I used Greek Yogurt. I completely forgot to get coconut yogurt, but thankfully I had some Greek yogurt to use, which I had bought to make the guacamole. Once the yogurt is mixed in, you put it in the fridge to set. I thought it was going to be more like whip cream type of texture but it was more like a jello type texture. I mixed it and put them into small chocolate cups that I bought. And then in a pan I roasted some slivered almonds, which I crushed them up more, and then added a bit of maple syrup and topped the cups with those, and a small slice of the strawberry

They turned out really good! and don't they look cute! It was a really nice evening and yesterday we went for a 45 minute bike ride since it was nice out. It was warm out there but it was still a nice ride. This morning I made a really delicious veggie omelette, with mushroom, spinach, green onion and some parsley. The spinach and parsley is from my garden. I also added a little cheese, and it was really tasty! I enjoyed the omelette with a kiwi.

I already chatted with my dad this morning to wish him a happy Father's Day. I hope all dads out there have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment