Friday 5 March 2021

March = Endometriosis and Colorectal cancer Awareness

 

March is Endometriosis and Colorectal cancer awareness month

Both of these are very important to me. I do have endometriosis, and my pain isn't as bad as it use to be, but I have to ensure that I don't eat to much meat, and dairy in order to avoid pain. Gluten effects me as well but not as much. Every year I give a donation to the Endometriosis Association. 

I should avoid meat (chicken, turkey, beef, pork) and dairy completely, but I do enjoy meat and dairy so I try not to eat to much of them. In terms of dairy, I love my almond milk, but I do love cheese so it's hard to completely stay away.

I also donate each year to the Cancer Society, my mom passed away almost 8 years ago of Colorectal Cancer. I still miss her so very much! 

I heard on the radio that colorectal cancer is the 3rd leading cause of death in women and second for men. As for endometriosis, it's 1 in 10 women that suffer. 

It was hard to see my mom suffer with cancer, and there are so many different cancers out there, it's scary!

It's important to take care of ourselves, and support each other when needed. 💖


No comments:

Post a Comment