Sunday 28 March 2021

Cookie dough!

I was online last night and found a site that had a recipe for chocolate chip cookies and they looked really good so decided to try them out today

You can find the recipe here. The video they show, they made their cookies really big, but I don't want mine that big so I did a heaping cookie scoop for mine. I formed them in balls, and I froze them on the cookie sheet this way so that I can put them in a Ziploc bag after so they don't stick together. The dough is crumbly but it does form balls easily when you press them into balls. One thing though is I didn't put as much chocolate chips as they call for which is 2 1/4 cups. I don't have quite two cups here and I found there was more than enough, well I think a little too much. I think 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups is plenty. I love chocolate, but 2 1/4 cups is too much for me, and would be harder to form balls. With having them all ready in the freezer, I can just take a few out, bake them, and we can enjoy warm gooey cookies when we want something sweet. We haven't tried these yet, so hopefully they are really good cookies.

Something else I did today was boil a few eggs so I have hard boiled eggs ready to eat this week, for breakfast or I can easily add some to a salad to add protein. My trick to perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs is adding eggs to a pot, filling it with water, so they eggs are submerged, and put a lid on and get the water boiling. Once it boils, I turn the heat off and just leave the pot there with the lid on for 10 minutes, then I drain the water, and add cold water and remove the shells. I added them to a container and they are in my fridge ready to be eaten.

Tonight's plan for supper is making a stir fry. I will cook chicken on the side for him, and I will keep mine vegetarian. I haven't made a stir fry in a while so it's going to be delicious! I will be using teriyaki for my sauce. I bought some a few weeks ago, and it's from Ricardo's line of sauces so looking forward to trying it out. I plan to use quinoa as my grain instead of rice. Quinoa is a seed not a grain but it's very healthy, has protein, and very tasty!

A recent purchase I made was getting this book

I have already read it all, and it was really good! Very good information, and I already marked many pages, to try out a lot of recipes! Which reminds me I meant to try her rice pudding recipe. I think I'll go make that after this post, and I'll be sure to take a photo and share it next time I write a post to let you know how it turned out. I haven't had rice pudding in a very long time, so I'm excited to try this healthier version. It's made with coconut milk so that will be delicious I'm sure! One tip she mentions in there, I want to try next weekend since it's a 4 day weekend cause it will be Easter. I'll be sure to share it on my next post as well.

I am loving my sit/stand, I am using it quite a bit. I need to get a mat for the floor though cause my feet get sore cause the floor is pretty hard. Unless I put shoes on but I don't really want to wear shoes in the house, or have to bother with socks, because I refuse to wear shoes without socks, I just don't like the feeling. It was a very good purchase though! 

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment