Friday 31 July 2020

More Budha bowls and homemade almond milk!

I have been wanting to post this for a while but life has been busy. I did create a few budha bowls, and they were all delicious!
This one was for my hubby and I for lunch. I put in greens, quinoa, lentils fennel, onion, beets, sprouts, radishes, sliced almonds, goat cheese and strawberries, with the homemade dressing I made. We both really enjoyed it.

I had made some guacamole so I decided to add some to my salad along with greens, sprouts, fennel, red onion, tomatoes, quinoa, lentils, beets and some kimchi.

I did make more but I didn't take a photo of them. Today's salad I had a mix of cabbage, kale, carrots, sauerkraut, cucumbers, feta cheese and some tuna with a vinaigrette. It was delicious! Since I had bought a lot of fresh strawberries I also made my banana with 2 eggs pancake and topped it with the fresh strawberries
Another great breakfast item that I made is an avo toast, I decided to add some sprouts, cucumber slices and topped it with a egg with a touch of salt and pepper, it was so good!












I also decided to finally try to make my own almond milk. It was pretty simple, just had to soak the almonds overnight, throw it into my Vitamix blender and then strain it
The bowl in front is the remaining pulp of the almonds. I was thinking to add it to a cookie recipe but I haven't tried making any yet. Maybe this weekend since it's a long weekend. The almond milk was very delicious!

One recipe I recommend you try is a flourless chocolate chip cookie, I was watching the Rachael Ray talk show and she had him on the show and I decided to try out the cookies yesterday and they were delicious! I forgot to take a photo of it, I do still have some left but you will see from the video here what they look like. The recipe is very simple. The only thing I did differently was I mixed everything and then added in the egg and mixed again then folded in the chocolate chips which I am pretty sure I added more then a 1/4 cup lol. As well instead of flattening them out before baking I kept them round, they turned out a bit more fluffy and still very delicious!

Have a great long weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment