Monday 29 June 2020

Platters!

I've been having some fun creating platters. Now that we can gather up to 10 people, we have had a few people come over for a visit. We kept it small, 2 people at a time, and it was nice to see family/friends. Here are my creations

















Some similarities but I made sure to make each one a little different. They turned out delicious! We still have some left over so I created a bento box lunch today. I didn't think to take a picture but we had a little bit of macaroni salad that I made, 1 slice of ham each, 1 slice of kabasa each, 3 crackers with cheese (boursin and goat cheese) and I also included some kimchi. It was delicious!

Been watching a few videos on FMTV, now known as Gaia, and it's been all about salads, and she made a Buddha salad which one restaurant makes a really good one, and I haven't gone there in a long time, so I'm thinking next grocery trip I'll be buying ingredients to create different Buddha bowls. For those that don't know what that is, it's a salad, but you get to mix and match whatever you want. The one I have at the restaurant tends to be quinoa, mix of greens, strawberries, apple, goat cheese, chicken but I tend to ask for shrimp instead of chicken, spiced pecans, onions, and peppers. I think that's it. It's a delicious combination with a vinaigrette, so I'm thinking I need to create my own. The video I saw, she added herbs, and kimchi, and she did a rice and can't remember what else but it's all about mixing things up with veggies, fruit, nuts, seeds, grains, cheese, and protein. You don't have to include it all but you can, and even legumes would be good to add as well. It's a chance to just have fun in combining whatever you want. I love the idea of adding fresh herbs and fermented foods. The herbs would add a lot of fresh wonderful flavor, and to add fermented food, is really healthy for us. You can add in kimchi, sauerkraut, tempeh, or miso. With creating each one differently, it will be something new and delicious to put together and eat. You can also have fun with different dressings as well.

Supper tonight is left over fajitas! Mine is shrimp and he has chicken. It's going to be just as delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment