Sunday 6 December 2015

Christmas baking!

It's that time of year already!  I absolutely love Christmas! I love giving gifts and of course receiving gifts   =)  Thursday night my hubby went to a work Christmas party so I got busy at home. I did some cleaning and then decorated the house. My dad ended up giving me the Christmas tree that my mom made out of ceramic, I love this tree, it's so beautiful and brings back a lot of great memories. She did an amazing job, and it's a great way for me to have some sort of tree since I can't have a real or fake tree because knowing my kitty she would be right in it or tearing it down. It really didn't take her long  for her to start chewing away at the ribbon I had after a gift, so now those are put away so she can't get at them.
Last weekend my dad and I did our Christmas shopping but didn't get everyone, so got a few more people yesterday, now the only thing missing is the gifts I ordered online, which I hope to get very soon. So the next thing I really wanted to do was some Christmas baking. I didn't go to crazy, but I ended up making some Funfetti Cookies, which you can get the recipe here, and I also made an oh henry bar, it's my mom's recipe and she made it every year, which made me so happy!  My brother made it one year, so this year I decided to make it, and both recipes turned out perfect and so delicious!
These are not healthy, and there is way to much for just my hubby and I, so we will each bring some to work to share with everyone, and we have some here for us as well. Next weekend will be another busy weekend, we are celebrating with my dad, brother, sister in law, nieces and nephews at my dad's house. My dad will make a turkey with potatoes and vegetables, my brother will bring dessert, and I'll be bringing some deviled eggs, and vegetables and dip, and I plan to make a gravy as well. Then Saturday we are going to our friends' place and we are doing a pot luck style party, so I'll be bringing a potato salad, and I'll be going there earlier to help her set up, while my hubby plays hockey. Really looking forward to next weekend!



Not sure if I'll have time to put up another post until the New year since this time of year does become very busy, therefore in case I don't, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and Happy New year!
                      Merry Christmas 2012
          

No comments:

Post a Comment