Sunday 15 November 2015

Running and baking

This week I had time to get the house cleaning and groceries done during the week, and on Friday since I worked an hour later on Thursday I got to leave early on Friday, which gave me time to get busy in the kitchen. I started by baking a banana bread, I again used spelt flour and coconut sugar for the recipe. I also decided to try a new recipe I saw on TV when I was watching the Pioneer woman, and you can find the recipe here.
I did use buckwheat flour and coconut sugar instead of what they call for in the recipe, I wanted to make it healthier and it turned out pretty good. Then the rest of the night I got to relax. Yesterday my hubby played hockey and scored the first goal and they also won the game 5-3, and we celebrated after. A friend of mine sent a message on facebook to see who was interested in joining her for a morning run today, so I replied and met up with her at 9:00 am this morning. It was cool this morning and there was a wind but the first half we were against the wind so heading back was a lot easier. We did walk a few times but we did 5 km!  Felt great to be out there running!
I am still going to the gym, but I haven't been outside much to run and it's so much better to run outside. Especially with nature surrounding us.
Now I'm going to relax the rest of the day, other then cooking supper later. I'll be making a jambalaya for supper. I am still doing good with not eating much meat, staying away from dairy and eating very little wheat, but I've been craving jambalaya so I'll enjoy that for supper and get back on track after. I did have my phone on me so my step counter counted every step and I'm already at 10,312 steps =) 

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment