Sunday 15 March 2015

Cooking and baking

I decided to get busy in the kitchen this morning. I started my morning by getting a beef roast into my slow cooker. I chopped up some celery, carrots, onion and garlic and added that to the slow cooker, then added some pepper, thyme and some beef stock (organic, low sodium). For the roast, I slathered it with a mustard that we got for Christmas from a friend, it's a horseradish mustard, Then I put pepper and thyme all around the roast and added it to the slow cooker. It's been on low and the house smells so good!
I then chopped up small potatoes into bite size pieces, and added it to two trays, and put a few slices of bacon on top and baked it in the oven at 400 for 20 min. I took it out, gave the potatoes a toss and flipped the bacon over, and it went back in for 25 min. I let it cool, and in the mean time I got a granola going. Here's my recipe:

2 handfull each of:
Mulberries, Goji berries, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.
I pulsed it in my food processor until crumbly and then put it in a bowl and added the following:
2 handfuls of cocoa nibs
6 tbsp of oats
4 tbsp of quinoa flakes
1 apple (chopped)
4 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp of chia seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil
Cinnamon
2 tbsp Pomegranate powder

Mix everything together and put it on a tray and bake in the oven at 350, for about 20 minutes, then give it a toss and put it back in for about another 30 min or so, until it's nice and brown.

You can enjoy this with milk, any kind you want, for me it will be almond milk, or you can enjoy it with some sort of yogurt (regular, Greek, coconut or almond).

Then I made some almond, oat and chocolate chip cookies.
Now we have things on hand for the week. We both already dove into the cookies and had one each. I'm very much looking forward to supper, it really does smell really good in there. I'm thinking mashed potatoes and a salad to go with the roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment