Saturday 21 March 2015

Chocolate covered Katie

I recently went to Chapters in the search of finding a good cookbook for a friend of mine, and I came upon Chocolate covered Katie. I sat down and went through a few cookbooks to make my choice, and when I looked through this one, I knew I had to buy it for myself. For my friend, I picked the Pioneer Woman holiday cookbook, it was the only one she was missing, and knew she was a big fan of her just like I am. Not sure why I didn't also get one for myself but I'll eventually get that one to.
When I got home I look through it and had an idea for another gift for another friend. She doesn't bake but does have a sweet tooth, so I decided to look through the book and decided to make 4 of the desserts. The bonus of making so many is that half went to my friend and the other I kept for us. Usually I make one or two things to not have to much since we are just two, but with giving some away, we now have more of a variety.

So the recipes I decided to make are: sinless peanut butter cookies, flourless chocolate chip cookie, secretly healthy brownies and carrot raisin cookie bites. I tried them all and they are all delicious.  The brownie is crumbly because the recipe only calls for coconut flour, and no other flour, but it's still really good.

Here's the recipe for the Carrot raisin cookie bites:

1 small carrot, peeled and cut into coins
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp quick cooking oats
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
1/4 cup shredded coconut, optional

Combine all ingredients in a high-quality food processor and process very well. Transfer the mixture to a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag and smush into a ball. Open the bag and shape the dough into about 15 balls, using your hands or a cookie scoop. Refrigerate in a covered container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.


It was so easy to make and took no time at all, and you don't even have to bake them. I did make one small change, I put goji berries instead of raisins just because my hubby doesn't like raisins. They still taste good but I think they would taste better with the raisins. I plan on making these again with raisins. They are very healthy so it's not a bad thing for me to eat them all myself  =)

I had the day off work yesterday so I started the day with cleaning up the house and then went into the kitchen to make everything. I was tired but had a lot of fun in the kitchen.
I did see my friend today and she really liked her gift, she sent me a message and she tried the cookies and brownie and really liked them. She plans on trying the carrot cookie bite soon. I really do recommend this cookbook. It's very colorful, lots of beautiful pictures, and a lot of really good recipes.

FMTV is having another free live event, it started yesterday with the documentary called The Connection, which I did see it, and it was very good. They talk about how the mind body connection is very important. Tonight they are having a live call with Jason Wachob and Shannon Harvey from the documentary The Connection. Really looking forward to listening in and seeing what they have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment