Sunday 16 November 2014

Orange flavored muffins

Christmas came early for my hubby and I. I've been wanting a kitchenaid mixer for a while now, so finally decided this was the year. I have been baking a lot more lately, and it would make baking a lot easier.
I got to try it out today and I love it! It will get used quite often. I watched Pioneer Woman this week and she made orange flavored muffins, so decided to make those, but I did make some changes so it's healthier. Here's the recipe:

2 sticks of softened butter (1 cup)
1 cup of sugar (used coconut sugar)
2 eggs
2 cups of flour (used spelt)
1 cup of buttermilk (used almond milk)
1 tsp of baking soda

Glaze:
2 oranges
1 cup brown sugar (again used coconut sugar)

In a mixer or bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs, flour, milk, and baking soda and mix until well combined. Add the zest of 2 oranges and mix a bit to combine. Add to mini muffin tins and bake it in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes. Then in a bowl put the remaining 1 cup sugar and the juice of the two oranges and mix. Once the muffins come out of the oven, what I did was put them on a plate and then with a spoon I drizzled the glaze on top. This made about 42 mini muffins. Let them cool and enjoy!
My hubby and I tried one and they are really good!  It's a recipe I'll make again, it was simple and they are tasty. I'm also trying out another new recipe for supper. From the Rachael Ray talk show, they made their own scallop potatoes and they looked really good. I'll also cook up some asparagus and pork roast to go with it.

My last post, I said I was going to cut back on meat and gluten to help with my endometriosis pain, well a little update, I have cut back a bit, but last week my hubby and I go pretty sick, his lasted 6 days and it was 4 days for me, and the thing I love to have the most when I'm not feeling well is chicken noodle soup. We are both feeling better and I'm getting back on track, although tonight I do plan on having some pork roast but it will be a small amount. I had some pain yesterday, but today, so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment