Monday 24 February 2014

This is my race pace Run

I'm officially registered for the This is my race pace Run with 2 other friends. We are registered to run 10 km, and we are all out of shape, so it will give us a push to train a bit before March 19th, and we will motivate each other to finish, and receive our medal in the mail. It's a great website, called FUNd Run 4 Bling, and the funds go to great charities.

I haven't been doing much running for a while, just some here and there, but this winter has been horrible, weather wise. Lots and lots of snow and very, very cold weather! So not to motivated to run outside. Last week wasn't to bad, so I did go out twice, ran 2 km on Tuesday and Thursday I ran 3 km. I feel really out of shape but I'll keep at it and hopefully I'm in not to bad shape for this run. I'm pretty excited, we still have to pick our spot to run, which I'm hoping will be along the Rideau Canal. I have skated on the Canal, but never ran along the bike trail that follows the Canal. Once we do the run, I'll be sure to share a picture or two and how well we did.

               Here's a picture of me last year in February, ran 10 km for the Winterman Run
 
               It was really cold that day! My time was 1 hour, 3 minutes and 49 seconds!

Do you love to run? Or want to start?

1 comment:

  1. "We are all out of shape"??? Whoa whoa!!! Speak for yourself!! I am NOT out of shape!! The extra 11lbs that I have put on this winter is purely muscle!! You gain tons of muscle when you do nothing but stuff your face and watch movies on the couch. I am the fittest person you know!!! Hahahahaha! Alright alright.... I'm out of shape. Bring on the 10k!!

    ReplyDelete