Sunday 15 October 2023

More healthy cooking

The healthier eating was going well, but with Thanksgiving I got off track. I have been eating more meat, thanks to the turkey I cooked, and then made some soup, with the homemade broth I did. Also had a good turkey sandwich and we also did turkey nachos. I need to get back on track, so I can avoid pain. The weekend before I made more healthy things in the kitchen though

I decided to try the Joyous Health, apple pear ginger crisp. I did use oats instead of the quinoa flakes. It's really good, and it's healthy enough to eat for breakfast, but can make a nice dessert as well.

I also made more pickled carrots, but they went to my mother in law and she gave us the cucumbers she pickled. To the right I also made a tahini dressing that my brother mentioned when we were video chatting, so my sister in law sent me the recipe. It is a very good dressing.

I then made another one of Joyous Health's recipes, her gluten-free peach and wild blueberry cake, however I didn't add peaches, I kept it all blueberry. We really love this cake, it's very yummy!

I've also prepared myself a few tuna wraps, cause my hubby isn't big on wraps, so decided to make myself some. I bought the wraps, but I had an idea of making my own, so it's gluten-free and healthier. I found a recipe online which uses brown rice flour, but I haven't tried it out yet.Trying to use the wraps I bought first. We also enjoyed some shrimp tacos, using again store bought wraps, but made my own coleslaw and the guacamole using the Epicure spice, and they were delicious! I didn't have time to make my own wraps for that, so I went store bought again.

I did enjoy more meat yesterday, I made a tomato sauce with ground beef that slowly cooked all day. Turned out really good, but it does have a good kick to it, but still yummy. I froze a lot of the sauce, but kept a bit, to enjoy at some point this week. Still have a lot of soup as well, so yes I'll be having more meat for a while, but will work on getting back on track soon.

I did enjoy some breaded tofu that I put in my air fryer on Friday night, and they turned out really good, and crispy. I have leftovers, so I can enjoy more of it, another time. Tonight though I will make a tuna casserole, I found a recipe that is dairy free and healthy, so will give it a try.

Hope everyone had a wondering Thanksgiving, and hope your enjoying this weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment