Wednesday 2 February 2022

Update

 It's been quite some time since I last posted! I thought of it yesterday, not having thought of putting a new blog post in a while. I have been busy. It started with me twisting my wrist somehow, and we were going to an engagement party, and I still helped set up/decorate but not as much as I could have since I couldn't use my left hand. The party was a lot of fun though! I also had to shop for Christmas, which I started later than normal, but got it done, and everything wrapped in time. Covid got worse so we made the hard decision to stay home. Which is the first time ever we have stayed home at Christmas. It was still fun though, we went to my brother's on Christmas Eve and it was all about appetizers, games and chatting! We were suppose to go to my mother in law's on Christmas day but weather wasn't nice at all so we went a few days later.

Then came the new year, and I had a few things lined up but it all got cancelled, again thanks to Covid. We did get our third vaccine and like the second one, I was sick. I had chills, achy everywhere, headache and very tired. The third one, my arm was crazy sore though! They are talking about a 4th one and I'm not looking forward to it, especially if I get sick again.

We haven't been eating as healthy, but we will be getting back on track. I have plans for some healthy meals. One breakfast I made last week, which was a delicious warm bowl

It's a mix of 1/2 cup oats, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp protein powder, 1tbsp flax seeds, 1 1/2 cups almond milk, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. You just warm everything up in a pan and it's ready. You can top with a lot more than just strawberries, but this was a big bowl and I only ate about half of it, it was very filling. You can add granola, other fruits, some nuts, you can even add some almond butter, or any nut butter, I added a bit of almond butter to mine. It was very good.

Tomorrow I will do groceries and I have plans to make these shrimp bites that look really good. I got the recipe from Clean eating. I also want to make a beef stew, I haven't made one in a while. We will try this another new recipe from Clean eating, a mushroom stroganoff. For breakfast, or can even be for lunch or supper, I want to try this potato and apple quiche. For lunches I want to try this vegetarian sandwich that looks really good from Joyous Health. I do want to make something for dessert, and I'm thinking maybe try out this recipe I saw on Simply Giada on the Food Network. They look really good and are healthy which is great.

When I did see she had a new show, Simply Giada, I had to check it out! I got her new cookbook a while back, which provides a lot of great information and healthy recipes. The show is amazing, so I'm always excited to watch it on Sunday's. 

Last weekend was also our 27th anniversary, so we did a board with a mix of delicious food and enjoyed it with some wine

Sorry can't seem to be able to rotate the photo. We watched a few movies as well and it was a nice quiet night at home since we couldn't go out anywhere.

In terms of working out, I haven't been doing as much but this week I am back on track. I'm quite muscle sore too. Feels good to be back on track though. 

Hope everyone is having a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment