Sunday 17 October 2021

Fall cooking/baking

 As I have mentioned, I love fall, and here's why


I love the colors and leaves on the ground, and it's a bit cool so makes walking/running nicer. There's not a lot of color with the leaves here but it's still pretty.

My friend and I also got together to do some cooking/baking and we were very tired by the end of the day, but we had so much fun! It started with cinnamon buns


They turned out amazing! They were so delicious! We shared one to try it out, and split the rest between the two of us. The guys also enjoyed them. Then we got busy with some turkey pot pies

We got a small turkey with no wings or legs, and put that along with some red wine, stock and herbs in her pressure cooker, and 15 minutes later it was ready! The stock was very flavorful so we of course used that for our gravy. We added in some onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms, peas and potatoes to our pies. The turkey was shredded with forks, and let that cook a while. We did have to add more stock, some milk, and more herbs/spices to help get more flavor. We added it to a single size serving containers and topped it with puff pastry. They turned out really good! We each got 7 of these single servings, so I kept two out and the rest I put in my freezer for another time. Both my hubby an I enjoyed some for supper a few days later along with some salad.

We were suppose to make apple strudels next, but we used more puff pastry than we thought we needed for the turkey pot pies. We didn't feel like going out to get more puff pastry so we did some research and found our next recipe to try out. We made some apple, butterscotch and oatmeal cookies

These turned out really good as well! It made a lot of cookies too! The following day I was going to my dad's for Thanksgiving supper, therefore I kept a few cookies for my hubby and I, and brought the rest to my dad's. They almost all disappeared, everyone loved them. My dad also had a mix of desserts which I couldn't resist on eating a brownie, which was delicious!

Thanksgiving supper was so good! It was so nice to spend it with family as well. I hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment