Sunday 10 January 2021

21 Days to Joyous Health

 I know I share quite a few recipes from Joyous Health, but it's because they really are great recipes, and I learn a lot from her, and I'm a big fan! I saw she posted about a 21 day to Joyous Health and decided to go for it. Since my mom passed away, I had gained a lot of weight and struggle to get back to being healthy. I do make a lot of healthy recipes here and there, but I also have a lot of unhealthy foods as well. I thought this would be a great way to help me get back to being healthier. On Friday she shared the meal plan for the 21 days, and she will also post some workouts, and mindfulness during the 21 days, and I'm pretty excited to get started tomorrow.

 To help make things easier during the week, I prepared quite a few things over the weekend. I first started with writing down the meal plan, which I adjusted a little. She gives us an omnivore meal plan and a vegan meal plan. I am fine to eat seafood and eggs, but meat doesn't agree with me because of my endometriosis, therefore one supper we will have, will include fish, and another eggs, the rest I'll be following the vegan meal plan, and for my hubby, I will include some chicken. Once I had everything figured out, I prepared my grocery list and went to do that yesterday morning. I then took some time to make a few things in the kitchen


The top one is the golden soup, but 2.0. I tried the original golden soup she has on her website and it was very good! I didn't compare the recipes but this one will be really tasty as well. The next photo, is seedy crackers and homemade hummus. The crackers fall apart easily, it's just a mix of different seeds and some water then baked, so I don't be able to dip them in the hummus, but I'll try to spread some hummus on them. Not sure how well that will work, but if not, I will just take a piece of cracker and with a spoon, just spoon in some hummus in my mouth lol. I will get to have these together for a lunch, and I think a supper as well this week, and I'm looking forward to having them!

Today I got busy in the kitchen again to make a few other things so I'm more prepared this week for some healthy eating.










The top photo is sweet potato biscuits. I made these before but with buckwheat flour and I realized I'm not a fan of buckwheat flour. It's got a strong flavor and I didn't enjoy them as much. So this time around I made them with spelt flour. These also have oat flour, and I also decided to make her vegan parm cheese to top them with and I tried a bit of it all and it's so good!! I still have a lot of vegan parm cheese left so I'll be able to enjoy some when I make the zucchini pasta with the above "meatballs", and I can add some to my salads as well. The meatballs are vegan paleo, and I tried it raw, and it was very good, and then tried it once baked and they are just as good. I really can't wait to have these this week as well.

I did keep some of the biscuits and "meatballs" in my fridge, but also got to freeze some as well for another time. I love batch cooking so when I have a busy week and/or weekend, or just too tired, I know I have healthy options in my freezer to take out. In case your wondering about the recipe's, you can find them on her blog. Some may not be there, cause it may only be part of the 21 day to Joyous Health, but I'm excited to get this week started and eating these delicious foods!

This past Thursday I also started a new job, it's acting for a year, but there's a chance to get permanent so will see how things work out. I am unable to do my compress work schedule unfortunately, and working later is best as a lot comes in, in the afternoon, so now I work 8:00 to 4:00. I am still getting up at the same time I use to, when I worked 7:00 to 4:00 (compress schedule) so that I can now take the time to do a workout first thing in the morning. I rather work earlier and finish earlier but I guess one bonus is it's really great working out first thing in the morning.

I'm hoping these 21 days will help me get back on track to being healthier. I do want to keep it going after the 21 days. I may have a treat here and there, but I want to eat as healthy as possible. I ate too much meat,  dairy and sweets over the holidays and I got a lot of endometriosis pain cause of the meat and dairy, so it's a great motivation to get back on track. I will still have meat here and there, but I really need to keep it to once in a while, so I can avoid pain and inflammation.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment