Sunday 23 February 2020

Bento box lunches

I decided to get lunches packed up for the week so last night I soaked 1 cup of cashews in water so this morning I prepared this red pepper, tahini dressing/dip. In my blender, I added 1 red pepper,, my soaked cashews, 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp of tahini, 2 tsp of onion powder, a touch of salt (Himalayan), 1 clove of garlic and the juice of 1 lemon. I blended that up, and added water until I got the right consistency of a dip/dressing. For my lunch I grabbed a can of tuna in water, and mixed it with this dressing, and added a minced green onion and some cilantro. I added half to one bento box and the other half in another.
I will enjoy the tuna on some sourdough bread, which I think I'll lightly toast, and top it with some sauerkraut. I also have some Kimchi, and in one bento box I have a kale slaw with more of the dressing, and in the other bento I have a mix of carrots and cucumbers to dip in that dressing/dip I made. Very much looking forward to these lunches! I tried a little of my tuna and it's really good. It's a great way to avoid mayo and have more flavor.

For my hubby I decided to marinate some chicken thighs, I added them in a ziploc bag and added in some olive oil, chili powder, onion powder, a little cumin powder and a touch of cayenne for a little kick. For supper I'll cook up some of that chicken and pack it up for his lunch over some rice, and I can pack up some veggies with that dip for him as well. I also took out some root vegetable soup that I made a while back from Joyous Health's new cookbook, so I can enjoy that for lunch today and I should have enough to bring some for lunch on another day.

Thought I would also update you on the de-cluttering. I'm happy to say that it's all done!!
So we donated 6 large garbage bag of clothes, and 11 boxes of stuff. We dropped it off on Thursday since we were out and about for a few appointments, and on Friday I ended up finishing tackling the basement, so I have an additional 2 boxes for donation, which I can easily drop off before I get groceries done next week.

I feel so much lighter and better now that we have less clutter in here. I can't say I'm fully done though, I do have way to many magazines that I have gathered up over the years, but I have been going through them and only keeping recipes that I would like to try out and recycling the rest. I don't buy any more magazines so I can catch up on the pile I have, and I do also have to many books on my bookcase, so now that I have done all this work, I can take more time to relax and read and donate books that I don't plan on re-reading.

I'm glad I have also had time to do some spring cleaning. I know it's not spring yet but we are approaching it and I can't wait to have warmer weather! Well time for some lunch, and I'll wait 2 hours before I get my workout in. I'll be hopping on my treadmill for some fast walking, some incline, and some running.

No comments:

Post a Comment